On Nov 22, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Andreas Gal wrote:

> Executive summary: iterate() is equivalent to enumerate(), both should work
> with for-in. We already agreed to accept enumerate, forcing iterate() into
> its own syntax is arbitrary. We can discuss sacrificing future-proofness and
> stringify return values of iterators

Stringify return values of iterators *only* when for-in is driving the
iteration (I'm sure you meant ;-).

I somehow suspect stringifying the iterator next() return value from for-in
machinery will not placate folks who want for-in not to be metaprogrammable.
But harmony:proxies is already spec'ed with an enumerate trap. Something does
not add up. You're right that the line between your items (2) and (3) is
arbitrary.

BTW, I found a v8 implementation of proxies by Sam Shull, via TomVC's site:

https://github.com/brickysam26/node-proxy/tree/master/src/

Thought I'd pass that on along to es-discuss to make up for the usual
interminable iteration arguments :-P.