On 11:59 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:
Really, it's starting to feel like "Survivor" or "American Idol" around here. The apples to oranges death-matching has to stop.

I don't mind a good deathmatch as long as it ends in death.

We will soon be at the point where we need to start culling the strawmen so we can focus on the stuff that will eventually go to standard. So we will have to reach consensus on the stuff that goes forward, essentially voting the other strawmen off the island.

But I agree about the apples and oranges part. The arguments all around need to be better targeted.