For the record: I do think Allen’s design is superior to what I’ve seen so far
and it also most clearly reflects the semantics of |super| (apart from a
non-starter dynamic solution). Sorry for the off-topic contributions, I liked
the puzzle of finding an alternative.

FWIW: here is the code. https://gist.github.com/1331748

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer