I have an obvious bias towards 1 because I think Unicode symbols
describe much better the underlying intentions and semantics than
their ASCII alternatives (usually), however not many people creates
mappings for these symbols on their .XCompose (or even have a compose
key handy).

I remember you mentioning that the Haskell-ish alternative `\x, y {
body }' or `.\x, y { body }' was not practical, because \ is already a
valid escaping character in identifiers (?)

Given those above, despite my usual disliking of Ruby syntax, I prefer
the pipes over parenthesis, given the latter has an already too
overloaded semantics, such that `{ (foo, bar) (2) }' would look pretty
confusing, at least to me. However, what about `{x, y: body}'? Granted
we don't allow labels immediately following a lambda block (and I'm
not sure labels are used much in the language, I could be wrong
however).