On Mar 3, 2012, at 11:17 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> Does it have to be grawlix? I proposed
>
>  let sub = sup beget {p:1, q:2, r:3};

+1.  Using a symbol like an arrow makes a lot of sense when there is a clear
directionality in the operation (e.g. chasing a chain of pointers in C), but
the lack of consensus as to which direction the arrow should point in seems
likely to be indicative of a larger problem - that either choice is going to be
backwards, unintuitive, and confusing for a significant proportion the users.

On Mar 4, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Herby Vojčík wrote:
> P.S.: Maybe even
>    let sub = sup offspring {p:1, q:2, r:3};
>
> P.P.S.: I don't know what 'beget' means (I know I can find it, just to
> illustrate it's not a commonly known word).

Apologies in advance for using a four letter word, but the following is simple,
a common word, is becoming available, and reads well to me:

   let sub = sup with {p:1, q:2, r:3};

cheers,
G.