My first post to this mailing list, so hi everyone!

I agree with Domenic, Array.fromElements would be a good name (though I
have no problem with Array.of). Just don't go with Array.new (I agree with
Rick here, it should match the constructor - Array should be no exception,
broken constructor or not)!

/ Mikael