Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Kevin Smith <khs4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the case of importing "37" at-names, I would expect that * imports
>> would take care of it:
>>
>> import * from ModuleDefining37NameInterface;
>>

> Oh, come on!
>
> The problem isn't importing the names.  The problem lies in having to
> maintain a nightmarishly long set of declarations which are **completely
> internal to the module**, not exported and not imported.

This is essentially the problem I had when I tried to port existing code.
It was especially annoying because it was easy to forget to create and
maintain the declarations.

The more I think about it, the more I think that scoping symbols to modules
would work well. Does that mean symbols are simply disallowed outside of
modules?