Based on a read through of https://github.com/promises-aplus/promises-spec,
these things initially come to mind, please regard as a loose collection of
varying thoughts that may or may not be completely relevant:

1. The definition of a "promise" is really just a plain object or function
with an expando property, I would think that a language level addition
would require its own standard built-in object: Promise, which when invoked
as a constructor initializes a new promise object which has a "then"
method... Domenic has it covered from there.

2. The notes describe some excellent practical implementation points, but
none of them are actually part of the ECMAScript standard, eg. setTimeout,
process.nextTick. Should these be specified or left unspecified?
Object.observe describes delivery as "Schedule change events to be
delivered asynchronously 'at the end of the turn'", which is not very
specific.

3. Does this belong in the language or would it make more sense to exist as
a "standard module"?

Rick