Le 06/11/2012 20:35, Rick Waldron a écrit :
Based on a read through of https://github.com/promises-aplus/promises-spec, these things initially come to mind, please regard as a loose collection of varying thoughts that may or may not be completely relevant:

1. The definition of a "promise" is really just a plain object or function with an expando property, I would think that a language level addition would require its own standard built-in object: Promise, which when invoked as a constructor initializes a new promise object which has a "then" method... Domenic has it covered from there.
I fully agree.

2. The notes describe some excellent practical implementation points, but none of them are actually part of the ECMAScript standard, eg. setTimeout, process.nextTick. Should these be specified or left unspecified? Object.observe describes delivery as "Schedule change events to be delivered asynchronously 'at the end of the turn'", which is not very specific.
As I suggested, Object.observe opens the breach and I think it means the event loop (including the notion of "turn") will have to be fully specified within ECMAScript.

3. Does this belong in the language or would it make more sense to exist as a "standard module"?
Are you referring to the event loop or promises?
event loop : the language
promises : arguably standard module

David