harmony Sets and Maps have generators now ... generators break backward
compatibility because cannot be polyfilled.

How are you dealing with Set.proottype.values since you cannot shim a
generator behavior?

This is my question (also ... WeakMaps were extremely hard to polyfill, no
generators ... Sets and Maps were easy to polyfill ... now impossible with
generators).

This is confusing :-/

This is what I can read here:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:simple_maps_and_sets

Best Regards



On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Mark S. Miller <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Andrea, I don't understand the question. Could you expand, and provide
> more links to relevant background? Thanks.
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Andrea Giammarchi <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I've noticed by accident Maps and Sets (simple?) now uses generators so
>> that no polyfill will ever work anymore and Sets are pointless since
>> there's no way to retrieve back values in any shim.
>>
>> I'll drop my es6-collections polyfill and take care of a pointless
>> WeakMap shim only at this poit ... wondering what's Mark M. take on this
>> since he was taking care of other polyfills for closure too.
>>
>> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:simple_maps_and_sets
>>
>> Best Regards, this was a very bad move, IMO.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> es-discuss mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
>>
>>
>
>
> --
>     Cheers,
>     --MarkM
>
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to