From: Brendan Eich [bren...@mozilla.com]

> You still value the
>
> ```js
> (x == y && typeof x == y) <=> x === y
> ```
>
> invariant, right? That's the motivation for decimal, int64, etc. having their
> constructor-named "decimal", "int64", etc., typeof-result strings.

You have brought up this invariant in many threads. Could you explain its
importance and value? My feeling is that nobody uses `==`, so a relation tying
together `==`, `typeof`, and `===` doesn't really impact anything people use.

Put another way: why do you feel this is an important base invariant of the
language, to be preserved, rather than just an equality that happens to fall
out of what we have in the language now?