Andreas Rossberg wrote:
On 17 July 2013 17:55, Brendan Eich<bren...@mozilla.com>  wrote:
Andreas Rossberg wrote:
As said above, we already have the primitive case, and you are just
adding yet another kind of beast. I don't think that would be
improving anything. On the contrary.
This is an argument from minimization of primitive concepts or kinds, but I
argue the better way on the web (given backward compatibility) is not to
mimimize at such a reductive level. Users mostly ignore the boolean, number,
and string wrappers, which are unobservable in strict mode. Users do not
want more wrappers, e.g., Uint64 for uint64. No use-case is served by such
beasts.

If users ignore them anyway, why would they care?

I wrote "mostly"intentionally. Where they don't or can't ignore primitives and their wrappers, they generally feel pain.

We should not add more such user-facing pain if we can avoid it -- even if that means more implementor-facing pain (remember Mr. Spock's Kobayashi Maru solution ;-).