John Lenz wrote:
There  are three issues in my mind for tooling:
1) should the code be parsed as "use strict"
2) are "import" and "export" and "module" statements valid

Note no "module" form in ES6.

3) should top level declarations be considered visible outside the file (no can be inferred from the presence of import or exports)

It is my guess that it will be a common beginner mistake to load modules as scripts or try to use "import" from scripts. The first is the primary one as keywords etc are different.

You could be right -- we should find out. The "mistake" has a flip-side, if we allow it: detection-based two-way module-scripts.