Axel Rauschmayer wrote:
Now is second half of 2014, and lots of issues are not closed yet,
from what I see.

The spec already looks pretty complete to me and Traceur and TypeScript
do a pretty good job of letting you use ES6 today.

As previously announced here, the current schedule is to be finished by
the end of the year, to start the publication process in March 2014 and
to have a standard by June 2014.

They already happened. Did you mean 2015?

I got delusioned as well.

Isn't the model of big new editions of spec over; in the times we live
now, with two-week frequent releases? I think ES6 will never see the
light when taken from this approach. That's why, shouldn't the release
policy be changed so that:

It has already changed, but not for ES6. ECMAScript 7 and later will
have fixed release dates. Only features that are ready at a given date
will be included.

Hallelujah!

Background: https://github.com/tc39/ecma262

--