Perhaps you could clarify your proposal, because I for one don't get it. Are you talking about some new, additional commenting/pragma mechanism? Are you talking about some kind of extension to existing comments, like triple slashes? You say new pragmas are a bad idea--yet isn't that what your proposal is for? How would this work with TS? I don't see how your examples fit into your proposals.
Bob On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Gert Cuykens <[email protected]> wrote: > I agree with that a new pragma decision being a bad idea. Sometimes > it's hard to have a full picture on the benefits, I just hope that > everybody understand even if they never used a transpiler of any kind > before that tooling gets complicated. If for example a typescript > document can get evaluated by a browser by just ignoring the typings > that doesn't introduce any new functionality to Ecma262 itself, > tooling would be made much easier. No copying into new files, no > livereload problems, no source maps, no bundling needed etc. It will > just giving the freedom for supersets like typescript or any other > language superset to keep a clean syntax and share transparent > information with other developers without the need for all the extra > tools required. Note that I am using typescript just as a example > because it is one of does languages that tries very hard to just be a > superset, it will always compile plain javascript just fine. We just > have to define or set the rules what syntax can be a superset. > >
_______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

