There are two reasons for that, one is am not a typescript expert but if you want the complete typescript syntax set I can look it up and try to summarize the complete syntax and find some typescript expert who can help me on this. Two I dont want to exclude other languages that I dont know off and make them feel like they don't count. But I admit my end goal for me personally is indeed aimed to typescript because I use it the most.
On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <[email protected]> wrote: > On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Gert Cuykens <[email protected]> wrote: >> First I would like to see if we can agree on the term superset. Like >> the question is typescript a superset of ES? As you pointed out there >> are many comment like solutions like jsdoc or like your pep 484 >> suggestion. But then a superset get narrowed down to // and /**/ which >> is fine but that means typescript doesn't come close as a super set >> and can never be used in jsbin directly for example. > > Supersets have more stuff than the base. Anything that's a superset > syntax-wise will never be usable in places that expect base grammar; > the extra stuff will be a syntax error. > >> So the big question is can we agree on a superset that stretches the >> boundaries so that typescript would fall under that category. If for >> example certain typescript syntax is too brought I can ask the >> typescript community if they can adjust their compiler in the future >> that is compatible with the Ecma superset specifications. > > Can you actually explain what you're asking for, with specifics? So > far all i can divine is that you want JS to allow some > TypeScript-specific syntax (and treat it as comments?), but I don't > know *what* syntax you're asking for. All you've done so far is > provide TypeScript snippets for us to look at. > > ~TJ _______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

