Exactly, here is a concrete ES2015 example http://jsbin.com/ruqekam/edit?html,output Now just add a simple typescript type to any of the variables and notice everything breaks. If ES2015 would be smart enough to ignore the typings I can use a simple jsbin to share my code with others without any transpiling. I want to avoid making this a typescript specific thing but just want to point out that Ecma262 can be made more flexible to allow some supper set syntax that browser vendors can simply ignore but editors like vscode can use it for intellisense because it recognizes the extra syntax as typescript for example.
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Bruno Jouhier <[email protected]> wrote: > Not sure I'm getting it either. > > One interpretation would be to have ES20?? treat TypeScript syntax > extensions as comments. This would allow TS code to be directly consumed by > JS engines, without a transpiler. > > The semantics of the TS type annotations could be standardized separately > (and later). From a runtime perspective, they are just comments. > > But I'm not sure that this is what the OP meant. > > _______________________________________________ > es-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss > _______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

