I have used multi-threading in C#/VB.NET where objects are also mutable and I
have been able to deal with racing conditions without any problem using
language-provided features and techniques against them.

Currently, to reproduce multi-threading with Node.js, we have to spawn
processes and use IPC which implies exchange protocols and communication
channels. That makes more overhead and cause more troubles than real
multi-threading with shared-objects in memory.

Really, I’m waiting too for multi-threading in JS, not just for parallelism,
but for simplicity and conveniences.