my thoughts are the opposite. javascript (similar to perl and php) already
has a huge number of specialized builtin functions and methods accumulated
over its 20+ year evolution that pretty much solves every practical problem
encountered in frontend programming (and effectively backend as well). the
problem is a failure to educate new programmers on how to use existing
builtins to elegantly solve everyday problems, instead of having them
ignorantly reinvent things on their own.

the mindset to writing javascript programs is more akin to writing perl
programs, e.g. "how do i leverage builtins to implement the requested
one-off UX feature using elegant perl-like one-liners", instead of "how do
i create extra abstractions, classes, and modules to implement this one-off
UX feature".
My thoughts: big source of JavaScript criticism is its small standard
library and community attempts to solve that issue - hundreds of small
modules. Significant part of lodash should be present in standard library.
My lodash selection - chunk, dropWhile, first, last, flatten, fromPairs,
pull, without, takeWhile, zip, flatMap, keyBy, property, groupBy,
partition, sample, shuffle, sortBy, ary, memoize, once, operators as
functions, clamp, inRange, get, mapKeys, mapValues, pickBy, many strings
operations, attempt, constant, flow, noop, range.