Currently 'then' is effectively a reserved key and I'd expect any extension
that allows the language to ignore it likewise include a means of changing
the key entirely.

On Apr 12, 2018, at 9:33 PM, Gus Caplan <m...@gus.host> wrote:

Hello all,

In an effort to curtail the interesting behavior of Promise.resolve
(especially
with regard to dynamic import), I have created a proposal for a well-known
symbol which will allow an object to not be treated as a "thenable."

I am privy to the current protocol proposal which might be a better fit for
this, but due to dynamic import already being stage 3, I don't feel we
should
wait for it to come to fruition.

Comments and suggestions are of course quite welcome at the repo [1].

Thanks,
-Gus

[1]: https://github.com/devsnek/proposal-symbol-thenable