Hello list,

I have been fighting with an ethercat slave (measurement device from imc) over the past week. I got it somewhat (mostly?) working but I am seeing really a lot of the dreaded "datagrams UNMATCHED" in syslog.

My setup is an APU2 (AMD Chipset but "Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)" - https://pcengines.ch/apu2.htm) with Ubuntu 12.04 and a "low latency" kernel 3.18 installed - to my delight (after doing ./bootstrap.sh) I found the option "--enable-igb" available with "./configure --help" (it was not available on the 3.2 and 3.13 (or some earlier experiments with a newer distro and Kernel 4.4)). I enabled it and after "make && make modules && make install && make modules_install" I can do "/etc/init.d/ethercat start" and the module loads with:

ec_igb 0000:01:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX

Next, I have adapted the main.c in "examples/dc_user"

1. customising the PDO section and inserting my output of "ethercat cstruct" 2. changing the frequency to: "#define FREQUENCY 5000" (this is so I can get a DC cycle time of 200 microseconds (working fine in TwinCat 3))
3. reading (some of the) mapped PDOs in the cyclic task
4. customizing "ecrt_slave_config_dc" (fixed DC cycle time, nothing else works with this slave): ecrt_slave_config_dc(sc, 0x0300, 200000, 0, 0, 0);

I can see from the logs that the DC setup succeeds and the slaves goes into OP (it is the only slave, a 1:1 direct connection). I can also confirm that the PDO exchange works so far because the data I am reading makes sense.

Yet, my syslog essentially gets flooded with those two

        EtherCAT WARNING 0: 58 datagrams UNMATCHED!
EtherCAT WARNING: Datagram f66b3b8c (domain0-0-main) was SKIPPED 29 times.

In addition - when leaving the "check_domain_state()" call enabled, I am seeing those (warnings?):

        Domain1: WC 0.
        Domain1: State 0.
        Domain1: WC 1.
        Domain1: State 2.
        Domain1: WC 0.
        Domain1: State 0.
        Domain1: WC 1.

When I reduce the "FREQUENCY" back to 1000 the problems pretty much disappear; however, my problem is that I need to run the DC cycle at 200 microseconds (each channel uses PDOs with 10 real/float values - I need to read each channel 5000x per second in order to get all 50.000 measurement samples).

I have also tried this setup on a newer Ubuntu with Kernel 4.4 and the generic driver - the results are essentially the same.

I am really not sure how to proceed from here - should I give the Xenomai a try? Or buy another PCI/Intel network card (PRO/GT - what model works still with the e1000/e drivers?) - or am I in general out of luck because 200us DC cycles are completely unrealistic with the ec_master?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!! Jürgen