So is Win 95/98.  I think it just needs a setting tweaked but being too new at this ...

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/16/2000 12:13:45 PM >>>
Isn't Linux still a 32 bit code? As I recall, a 32 bit code cannot access a file over
2GB in size without some kind of
trickery. Just what I recall.

Garl

Bob Crandell wrote:

> Here is a message from one of my clients.  He is running Mandrake 6.0 on a dual
>Pentium 233 with two 36 gig drives.
>
> It seems that I've hit a limit on file size.  Do you recall anything
> related to that when installing the big disks?  Two of my runs ended
> with the wonderfully informative message "System error: Input/output
> error", after running beautifully for ~12 hours.  The output file
> size at the time was 2,147,475,476.
>
> He is running some Fortran calculations that generate a temporary file that might
>fill these drives.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
>
> Bob Crandell
> ComSource Associates, Inc.
> Your IT Department
> 747 Willamette St.
> Eugene, Oregon 97401
> www.comsourceinc.com
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Voice:  541-345-0408
> FAX:  541-345-0876

Garl R. Grigsby
Customer Applications Engineering - Analysis Team
Structural Dynamics Research Corporation      Phone: (800)242-7372
TAO Americas Support Center                   FAX: (541)342-8277
1750 Willow Creek Circle                      Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Eugene, OR 97402                              Internet:  http://www.sdrc.com
-FEA makes a good engineer great, and a poor engineer dangerous-