He said, "Two of my runs ended with the wonderfully informative message 'System error:
Input/output error'."

I don't know exactly how his program works, but I suspect it calculates a set of
numbers and appends them to a file then goes to the next set.  As you can see below,
it takes about 12 hours to generate a 2 gig file.

Thanks

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/16/2000 12:51:33 PM >>>
Are you getting this message when installing, or when creating the log file from the
fortran caluclation?