Beaker wrote:

> > ... I run OpenBSD as a firewall but never thought that it could do
> X-Windows.
>
> Its funny how many people think *BSD is "just some firewall thing". Yes,
> Free/Open/Net BSD does (X) Windows, and pretty much anything else Linux
> does. Sometimes better.  It just doesn't have all the hype <G>.

I run X *on* my firewall.  Not the server, but I installed the basic X
clients.  I usually log in with

        ssh -fX firewall xterm -ls -title firewall

That opens an xterm.  Then I can run emacs in its own window or even
Ethereal.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]