YES, solid wire for fixed installation

a) less signal deterioration

b) safer connection; with female RJ-45 (CAT-5 wall outlet) the little
blades that are supposed to cut through the cable's insulation (using that
designated press/hammer tool) may not cut completely because the softer
stranded cable gets just squeezed in-between the blades w/o cutting the
insulation. ((However, with male RJ-45 it can be harder to crimp 8 solid
cables, but there are not many cases where that's needed anyhow))

 - Horst