On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:15:42AM -0800, Kent Loobey wrote:
> > Consider:
> >
> > - Several distributions now use CUPS
> > - Those which don't probably offer it or will soon
> > - MacOS X uses CUPS
> > - Windows 2000/XP use Internet Printing Protocol
> > - CUPS supports talking to and listening to lpd servers
> >
> > All in all, there aren't many reasons to use anything else anymore for
> > printing.  =)
>
> How about "I can't get it to work with my printer."  This sounds like a
> pretty good reason for not using it to me.  And yes I brought my computer and
> printer to a clinic and no one else could get it to work with CUPS either.
> And yes I have the ppd file for my printer and yes it works under Windows and
> yes it used to work under Linux before all the distro started switching to
> CUPS.

I think, probably, that I might have better luck getting it to work now
than I would have had before.  Just about every single thing that could go
wrong last night DID go wrong, right down to the PPD file not actually
working right.

What kind of printer is it?

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Hey, that's MY freak show!

<netgod> heh thats a lost cause, like the correct pronounciation of
         "jewelry"
<netgod> give it up :-)
<sage> and the correct spelling of "colour" :)
<BenC> heh
<sage> and aluminium
<BenC> or nuclear weapons
<sage> are you threating me yankee ?
<sage> just cause we don't have the bomb...
<BenC> back off ya yellow belly