On Tuesday 03 June 2003 02:45 am, BAGGAB wrote:
> Kent
>
> Thanks for the offer.  I was starting in a simple user mode, not root.
> That was my original problem.
>
> I have done some debating with myself about the distro issue and with the
> help of this group I have come to re-evaluate my choice of distro.
>
> I am going install Koppix 3.2 (something I didn't do before, just ran it in
> RAM) and examine Koppix 3.2 for a few days.  I will be looking for some
> answers, I am sure.

Brian,

The easiest way to do the install is to go to the KDE->KNOPPIX->ROOTSHELL and
type knx-hdinstall.  The script will step you right through it.

In the above, KDE is the gear-K on the menu bar.  KNOPPIX is a menu item all
in caps, and ROOTSHELL is the last sub-menu item (I'm not sure of it's name,
root something).

Good luck.

Kent