Id be interested in hearing about the results. I havnt looked into this for my
own needs, but Ive seen companies that do this (on tv), and it was pretty
expensive (but remarkable what can be extracted).
Alternatively, If you know someone with access to a clean room, you might be
able to purchase an identical hard drive, and swap the platters out.

Jamie