I'm posting this here in case some of you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.craphound.com/spamsolutions.txt

it captures many of the obstacles in the way of a good solution.

it's kind of neat perhaps it could be implemented as a web service
so that you could easily construct a response just by clicking on a form.

I'm sure Ken's idea would fail on the
( ) Susceptibility of protocols other than SMTP to attack
( ) Extreme stupidity on the part of people who do business with spammers
( ) Dishonesty on the part of spammers themselves

and probably a few others.