Maybe the plants are green for a totally different, alien reason.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: Images of Europan Life

I can buy parallel evolution producing similar
shapes of creatures.  But the plants being green
strikes me as a particularly Earth-born conceit.
Even if the ice wasn't kilometers thick, I doubt
enough sunlight reaches Europa to make photo-
synthesis via chlorophyll a useful process...

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-12-31/europa.jpg<http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-12-31/europa.jpg>