On 17.04.2014 14:29, Filip Kłębczyk wrote:
> W dniu 17.04.2014 13:41, M.-A. Lemburg pisze:
>> Filip,
>>
>> all this is documented on the CFP pages for the years 2011, 2013 and
>> 2014:
>>
>> http://www.europython-society.org/cfp
>
> Yes, I've wrote in one of previous mails that this is now public, where was
> it year ago in July?

We had wanted to make the Berlin proposal public sooner than that,
but we had wanted to put up an updated proposal after the venue
changes compared to their original proposal. We never received
an updated proposal, so then eventually went live with the original
one.

>> Also: Please stop bringing up or implying false accusations. You are
>> doing yourself and everyone on this mailing list a disservice.
>
> What false accusations? That you said:
> "Poles wouldn't be able to organize Europython anyway"
>
> These are your words. Have you already forgotten how and what where you
> shouting it in the hotel
> lobby? Or you don't want to remember.

Yes, those false accusations. I have many Polish friends and don't
have any doubt that any one of them can organize a EuroPython
conference. In fact, Ewa, the PSF event organizer is from Poland
and she's managing PyCon US, a 2000+ attendee event.

I know you were complaining about the CFP for 2014 and was trying
to mediate a bit after you had approached both Fabio and Giovanni
in rather inappropriate ways. I apologized to you for the delays in
the CFP process, but in the end, the mediation effort didn't work out.

You had missed the CFP deadline for 2013 and complained. You then
missed the deadline again for 2014 and complained.

Instead of putting so much effort into complaining, why don't
you redirect your energy into putting together a preliminary
proposal for 2015 or a future year, so that you are prepared and
only need to tweak it a bit to meet the final CFP requirements ?

>> FWIW: As I've written in a separate email on this thread, the EPS is
>> aiming to make it easier for local teams to make a proposal to have
>> EuroPython in their location.
>
> As I've already wrote I appreciate EPS is finally changing. It's a pity it
> wasn't that way year ago.

It's a learning process for all of us. We make mistakes and learn,
just like everyone else in the community.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Director