  1) Re: It's Dead, Jim...or is it?
        by "Christopher Meier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Drill Press Fun (was Re: It's Dead, Jim (long) (part II))
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Dual motors, wierd controller(s)
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Dual motors, wierd controller(s)
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Rudman Barbecue
        by michael bearden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Dual motors, wierd controller(s)
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Rudman Barbecue
  8) Re: There's no stopping now!
  9) Re: T-105 or simular being retired in the San Francisco Bay area?
 10) Re: Prestolite RPM working speed and RPM limits
        by Peter VanDerWal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Measuring voltage during charging
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12) RE: Tango (very long)
        by Rick Woodbury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
John, have you considered that the time may be right to form a
custom, high-end, EV conversion business?  With components
that are available now (Warp, PFC, Godzilla, Siemens, etc),
and your wonderful 'salesmanship' and design/crafting ability
and attention to detail, you could sell these types of vehicles
to the 'haves' and likely keep a whole team of people gainfully
employed crafting fabulous EV after EV...  you could even
form a program with the local technical colleges to have a
special course where you, Frank, etc, can train the young
adults to have not only the skills to create these EV's, but
at the same time instill in them a love for EVs (really nice
ones!).  In the wake of 9/11, I bet there are quite a few
non-college bound kids that are aching to do something
to help reduce our dependence on foreign oil, etc... and
such a program could ignite many of them...  and provide
you a well trained work force for the growing business...
a few magazine writeups and you'd have all the celebs and
Car & Driver (etc) types  buying your creations.  After all
the hottest vehicle craze in Hollywood is Prius ownership...
imagine them getting excited about supporting US workers
on top of it, and further reducing the oil dependency...

Imagine, years from now all the proud owners of Wayland EVs,
it could end up with as much 'brand' recognition as a Shelby
vehicle, for example.  Your trusty 20+ year old EV... imagine
dozens, hundreds, thousands of Wayland branded EV's,
when you're old enough to be rocking on the porch, and the
automotive magazine writers stop by to interview the
'Smokey Yunich'/'Carroll Shelby' of high-powered high-
quality EV's...

2 kids overheard at the local car wash...

kid1: "What you got in that thing"

kid2: "It's got the Waylandized Netgain Warp 9,
         the Signature Wayland Sound System, the
        Wayland "Suck My Amps" Traction Pack..."

kid1: "No way, not the Wayland Pack!??!?!"

kid2: "yup, and I can toast *any* ICE and hear every
         note of (insert latest smash hit audio release)
         while my tail-lights become a dot on the horizon"

kid1: "Where can I get one?   Heck that, I want to
         help design and make them; where's the factory?"

kid2: "The R&D shop is in Portland, and since the '10s
         there are satellite factories all over the US, nearly
         every technical college has a training program; and
         get this - the best students are recruited for the top
         positions at the factories and even the R&D shop.
         And there is a scholarship program funded by a
         portion of the business profits, that essentially
         guarantees this company will be around forever."

kid1: "That's just the career idea I've been looking for"

kid2: "The cleaning crew's done, want a ride?"

kid1: "You bet...."

-Chris