  1) Re: 4 ETEK Motor(s) Info
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Bad battery in the D
        by Michael Hoskinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: EV for sale $1000 or less in NH (rough!)Freebee!!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Honda's Electric Powered Scooters
  5) Re: What is the best way to take the transmission out of a pickup truck?
  6) Re: EV for sale $1000 or less in NH (rough!)Freebee!!
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: What is the service life of transmission and differential fluids?
        by "Patrick Maston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Powered road
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: 4 ETEK Motor(s) Info
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Electro Hydraulic Brake Booster
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Power Steering Pump Connections - confirmation
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: SAFT STM5-180MR still an active product, Rod and Joes questions
 reply
        by Paul Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Powered road
        by "Kirk A. Reinkens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: SAFT STM5-180MR still an active product, Rod and Joes questions reply
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Powered road
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: What is the service life of transmission and differential fluids?
        by "Patrick Maston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Dump Charging "Profiles" !
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Request for Paul Wallace
        by David Chapman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Powered road
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Clutchless
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Dump Charging "Profiles" !
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Request for Paul Wallace
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) power steering motor
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Are mechanical and body parts for the '80 Subaru microvans still available?
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Are mechanical and body parts for the '80 Subaru microvans
  still available?
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Ryan,
Sounds like an add on for an insight???I hope so as I
am thinking about how I can make my insight a plugin
hybred and this is one of the ideas I have been
considering.

let me know if you are thinking/working on an insight
or if there are any others on the list who are working
on Insights lets share
thanks
keith
--- Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With all this E-TEK talk I thought It might be a
> good time to ask
> if anyone knows of a good controller to run 4 e-tek
> motors with?
>
> I'll skip going in-depth regarding a contactor
> controller that
> I would like to "play" with.  Four Motors gives me
> three motor
> configurations, 4Parallel, 4Series, and
> 2P+Series+2P...
> Two motors per rear wheel with a single reduction
> gear ratio.
>
> ... So I'm thinking about skipping the contactor
> controller, for
> the moment, starting out with a real PWM controller
> with regen.
>
> I like the sound of the 4Quad Alltrax with regen.
> http://www.alltraxinc.com/old/prod09.htm
> The largest one is the AXE-7245 for 72Volts By
> 450Amps.
> So I think I would want two of them, one per pair of
> motors.
> In Parallel mode I could push all 450Amps into them
> without
> concern, in Series mode I could go all the way up to
> 72Volts.
>
> Alternately I could use a single controller with
> limits of:
> Mode 1 - Series - - 192v @ 400Amps
> Mode 2 - Para-Ser - 96v  @ 800Amps
> Mode 3 - Parallel - 48v  @ 1600Amps (400A per motor)
> I'd like to keep the battery voltage low at arround
> 72v to 96v.
> So how would a Zilla 1K run 4 E-Teks at 96v? using
> Modes 2 & 3.
> Mode 3 would electrically lock the rear wheel rpms,
> where as
> Mode 2 will allow each wheel to rotate at different
> speeds for
> better cornering. Does the Zilla do regen? Will it
> drive E-Teks?
>
> Untill I can install advanced batteries I only
> expect to get
> 5-15 miles of range with minimal PbA.  Till then I'm
> looking
> for maximum "performance", accelleration, and
> Grin-ability.
>
> L8r
>   Ryan

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- No, the terminal was tight and not even very warm during this event. Reversed cell, 100%. I checked over my records of voltage and SG. That battery was initially on the lower end of the voltage spread and one of the cells had low fully charged SG from the start. I did an acid transfusion, taking out a bunch of fluid from that cell and switching it with some from a cell from another battery that was higher than others. The cell of battery #14 that I did that to was not the one that failed. Maybe that battery required longer to fully charge due to higher resistance? In the past 6 months or so I have noticed that its voltage was always the lowest on charge.

I think that I will put it on a 6 volt charger until it is for sure fully charged then do a capacity test, compare it with one of the others. Cahnces are it is pooched.

Mike

Joe Smalley wrote:
Is it possible that battery had a loose negative terminal? If it did, you
are lucky it did not melt and leave you stranded. The heat may have wicked
down the terminal post to heat up the water.

If you water the battery and retest it for capacity, and the capacity is
back, then this may have been the cause.

I would give it a 10% chance that happened. I would give it a 90% chance
that you reversed it and the capacity went down due to this event.

Joe Smalley
Rural Kitsap County WA
Fiesta 48 volts
NEDRA 48 volt street conversion record holder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Hoskinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:23:54 -0500
  From: RemyC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Honda's Electric Powered Scooters

From: http://www.greencar.com/index.cfm?content=news&ArticleID=48

Honda's Electric Powered Scooters

So you thought that Honda's fuel cell efforts were directed only at cars?
Think again. Honda has unveiled three new scooter prototypes that offer
three different methods of propulsion, including fuel cell (shown), hybrid
electric, and pure electric. The power unit in Honda's fuel cell scooter is
derived from the company's advanced FC stack, in use in the automaker's
limited production FCX passenger vehicle but redesigned in this application
to be smaller and lighter.

All are developmental concepts without any plans for production, aimed at
exploring the potential for alternative transportation in the single-seat
vehicle class. That said, if one were to move forward toward production, it
would likely be Honda's entirely electric-powered Moped-EV scooter. Built
around a compact aluminum frame weighing less than 100 pounds, this scooter
features a 360 watt-hour nickel-metal-hydride battery powerful enough to
allow it to climb a 12 degree incline.not bad for an electric scooter. A
module in the scooter's rear wing arm integrates the electric motor and
controller, with driver input provided by a thumb lever rather than a
traditional grip throttle.

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

"Instead of incorporating this into the charger
controller brain, we are
doing the software and brains off board, So we can
keep selling the
cheaper
more affordable systems, and not stop production while
we spend a
couple of
man months debugging code, and hardware"

Right on Rich and Joe, this is the best approach.
Build a rock solid hardware control and leave the
'fluff stuff' to a plug in brain.  The brain can be
analyzed by all of the brains on the list to produce
the best charge profile for a wide variety of
batteries.  This approach is kind of like Linux, open
source, benefit the masses, make some money for the
original developers while not being bogged down in
charging details.
Good luck, I think your on the right track!
Rod

It's on the Saft website, righ tdown to his cell, I think.

$701 for 180Ah block last month, IIRC

Seth
On Nov 2, 2004, at 5:40 PM, David Chapman wrote:

Paul,
If you could send me (offlist) Mr. Magnarella's contact info I would greatly appreciate it. Especially if you have a work phone #. Thanks David Chapman.

PS, sorry for posting this to the list but I am using a new e-mail client that hides address' and I havn't had the time to figure out how to decode yet. DC.

Send Lou an email if you want a quote on new batteries and refurbish costs. I sent mail and had a reply in an hour. A formal quote might take longer.

I had kind of planned on bolting the ps pump on the front of the 9' motor
but Bob who I'm doing the nission conversion for want it to have its own
motor so it will run all the time . Sure I say , then after a little fooling
with it find that it takes more power to turn than I had though. also all
the small motors I have make so much noise .  wondering what others have
done .?
Steve Clunn

Useful informations here if you don't have tried google yet:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mjs/subaruk.html

European name was :
Subaru mini Jumbo  and it was not popular at all in France.

Philippe

Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php