  1) Re: zap-wavecrest-electrocharger
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: Boost Pack Circuit
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Boost Pack Circuit
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Boost Pack Circuit
        by "Doug Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) 3.6V for calculations, Re: Boost Pack Circuit
        by "Doug Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Mystery Machine
        by James D Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Boost Pack Circuit
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Mystery Machine
        by "Mr23" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Boost Pack Circuit
        by "Doug Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Interesting URL
 11) Re: Relative of the Fiamp?
 12) emergency cutoff using anderson connector.
 13) Re: Mystery Machine
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) A89 vs. ETEK
 15) Re: A89 vs. ETEK
        by richard ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Just wondering if Wavecrest is an all hype no substance company

Wavecrest is real. They have products for sale in the mass market and a significant amount of money backing the company.

Beyond their well known high tech electric bicycle (that is currently both being sold in Costco, and being used/evaluated by U.S. special forces), Wavecrest has a number of real products and technology in the pipeline:

Wavecrest has developed a high amperage spiral wound NiMH cell that solves the weak interconnect problem with a VERY novel approach. The cells actually screw together and the interconnects consist of a significant portion of the cell external structure making for a truly massive current path for high performance applications and very fast charging. Last I heard, these cells were slated for imminent release.

Wavecrest has also developed a self contained powered bicycle wheel that contains both a direct drive, brushless hub motor and battery pack within a single wheel. They combine this with wireless controls and wireless dash readout. Just replace the front wheel on your bicycle of choice with this one and you have a high tech electric bicycle with a super clean looking install with no unsightly batteries clamped to the frame and no unsightly wiring running all over the place. Last I heard, this product was also slated for imminent release.

Wavecrest has built also proof-of-concept working prototype of an all-wheel drive, wheel motor powered Euro sports car. This product is not intended for production, but rather to show the possibilities of their motor design in order to attract possible automotive manufacturing partners as an OEM.

Zap on the other hand has NOTHING of substance. They purchase a couple of units of cheap EV product from Asia, slap a Zap sticker on it, then tout it as their own "revolutionary" new designs. They attach themselves to anything they think they can hype to boost what remains of their stock price. They even had the audacity to try to hype the Moller Air Car as something that Zap would be developing/marketing.

I don't expect Zap to be developing anything, much less anything as significant as prototyping a new car concept. Zap is an empty husk of a company with no significant money, no significant products, no significant engineering talent, no significant resources, and no significant future.

Just an opinion.

-Ken Trough
Admin - V is for Voltage Megasite
http://visforvoltage.com
AIM - ktrough
FAX - 801-749-7807
message - 866-872-8901

Hi, Victor.  What's the status of the BMS that you've been developing?
Thanks.

Bill