  1) OT Re: Energy required to manufacture EV batts
        by Jim Waite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Battery manufacture costs
        by "S. David Lalonde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: DIY Controller?
        by "Gabriel Alarcon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: DIY Controller?
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: DCP DC/DC input fuse
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Heater/defroster ideas?
        by "Gabriel Alarcon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Azure Dynamics acquired Solectria today
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Bad Orbital I think
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Troubleshooting the ADC
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Heater/defroster ideas?
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: GVWR, was: The 200sx is alive!!
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: DIY Controller?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Troubleshooting the ADC
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: This battery smell has me stumped
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: OT Re: Energy required to manufacture EV batts
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Heater/defroster ideas?
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Heater/defroster ideas?
        by richard ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Lee Hart's Turkeymobile?
        by Emil Naepflein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: GVWR, was: The 200sx is alive!!
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Lee Hart's Turkeymobile?
        by Jessica & Donald Jansen & Crabtree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Heater/defroster ideas?
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) The Amazing Little Hawkers That Refuse to Die!
Hi Lee and ALL,

OT or not I read *everything* you have to say. Your seemingly unlimited source
of EV and/or electronic knowledge, insights, and introspective view of *stuff*
never ceases to amaze me!

--<you wrote>---

>Conversely, solar cells probably have the lowest efficiency of any
energy technology; barely 10% of the energy in sunlight gets converted to
electricity....If someone invented a solar cell paint that was only 1%
efficient, but cost less than coal, we would switch over to solar so fast it
would make your head swim!

---<snip>---

I don't recall if the following was posted to the LIST or not, but since it may
(hopefully) have a more near-term impact on solar recharging our EV's, see

http://www.sunpowercorp.com/html/Products/Solar/solarcells.html

and

http://www.sunpowercorp.com/html/Company/News/News/Press%20Releases/SunPower_DoubleCapacity.html

It's certainly nowhere near the same level of "paint", but at least the process
*seems* to be getting more efficient.

Sorry to be blunt but, yes, you are wacked.  You need a very controlled
environment to make Li-ion cells.  This is not a garage / basement
endeavour.

Sincerely,
David

S. David Lalonde / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Liion Power Products Inc. / http://www.liionpower.com
Li-ion & NiMH batteries for electric cycles & more!
http://liionpower.blogspot.com
Ph: 604 880 1928