  1) RE: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "Paschke, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Michaela's  choice,  Re: Battery design
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Neon donor car
        by Chris Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Another conversion...
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) EV Pickups
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Snug as a Bug with a Plug
        by Dave Stensland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Another conversion...
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Touch Screen Controller?
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: 2 step contactor - starting an etek
        by Bruce Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) FW: 2 golf cart motors?
        by "Stu or Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Battery Interlace
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 24) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Sept. 3rd Electric Breakfast in Portland! (was woodburn)
        by ROBERT RICE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: 2 step contactor - starting an etek
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
log or measure the incline to compare to the amps or watts being used.
I think logging is better done by a palm or laptop connected to the gauge.
a GPS would be nice but would skyrocket the cost.  That is easier done on a
connected laptop.
Steve Paschke
Sr. Consultant
Keane, Inc.
303-607-2993 office
303-204-9280 cell

From: "Michaela Merz"
Subject: Re: Michaela's choice, Re: Battery design

> Yes, I bought the truck. And yes, since we are ranchers, we need a truck.

Michela,

I am in the process of converting a S-10. I live outside of Tucson, about 3
miles, so when I go in and shop, maybe 2 times a week, the trip is 80+ miles.
I've decieded on a 180 volt pack, Trojan T-125's.  They weigh 1980 lbs. My S-10
is a reg cab long bed with a GVWR of 4589 lbs. The orig curb weigh was 2874. I
figure at the most, 800 was removed so if I add on the bat pack and motor
weigh, 1980 + 200, 2180 lbs, I get 4180 lbs, which leaves (4589 - 4180) about
400 lbs as payload.

So there really isn't much left to let it perform its truck function....

I'm finding that usually conversions become transporters of lead.

Rush
Tucson AZ
www.ironandwood.org

I have a '95 Plymouth Neon here in Santa Rosa, California that would make a
good EV conversion donor car -- it's been kept in good shape, but has 150K
miles on the engine and needs transmission work.  Contact me off list if you're
interested.

Chris Jones

I have a 1 ton ford crew cab diesel pick up that I
will be converting. I will be recieving the motor and
controller this week. It's a 300kw system from a 30
foot bus. The motor will reside under the bed . I have
all the room from the from the hood to the back of the
cab for batteries. since this is an AC conversion, I'm
thinking that GC batteries are the way to go. any
thoughts?
It won't be a daily driver but something that I will
use for the occasional delivery or pickup. I will be
doing things to shave weight and help aero like an
aluminum bed and closing the grill. What I really want
to do with this thing is take it out and completely
blow a Hummer off the road by a mile......

                         Gadget

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

And pickups with the batteries in the bed drive very much like having a full
load of stone in the pickup bed. My S-15 pickup I have now handles worse then
my S-10 blazer did when I sold it. In the Blazer I moved the batteries from way
in back to replace the rear seats converting it somewhat to a pickup with a
built in cap. The handling difference was huge and I no longer feared takeing a
90 degree turn at 20 mph.
The pickup I bought has the batteries right behind the cab in the bed so it not
only has no carrying power but no carrying room and a high center of gravity.
I understand it isn't a sports car but the high center of gravity really makes
commuting in texas a challenge to not hold up traffic when turning. It would be
far better to move them under the bed and have better handling and a usable bed
but I'm working on a single passenger vehicle to replace the pickup which I'm
hoping will be a little cheaper.. Probably a ev motorcycle to start.
So if anyone wants an EV pickup in the DFW, TX area that runs let me know I
might be selling it soon.

> Yes, I bought the truck. And yes, since we are ranchers, we need a truck.

Michela,

I am in the process of converting a S-10. I live outside of Tucson, about 3
miles, so when I go in and shop, maybe 2 times a week, the trip is 80+ miles.
I've decieded on a 180 volt pack, Trojan T-125's. They weigh 1980 lbs. My S-10
is a reg cab long bed with a GVWR of 4589 lbs. The orig curb weigh was 2874. I
figure at the most, 800 was removed so if I add on the bat pack and motor
weigh, 1980 + 200, 2180 lbs, I get 4180 lbs, which leaves (4589 - 4180) about
400 lbs as payload.

So there really isn't much left to let it perform its truck function....

I'm finding that usually conversions become transporters of lead.

Rush
Tucson AZ
www.ironandwood.org

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- I just wrote and posted an article about Don Cameron's cool VW bug. The car is an excellent example of a modern conversion, but that's just part of Don's effort. The other part is his website! If you want to know what it takes to convert a newer (1998) VW Beetle (or any car) from gas to electric power you should read this story and visit his website, which is one of the most informative online conversion journals on the net.

Here's the intro...

"With today’s gasoline prices soaring at record highs, imagine the thrill of whizzing past refueling stations in cars powered by homegrown electricity instead of foreign oil! That's what Don Cameron of Victoria, B.C. does everyday in his electrified VW Beetle, which uses a 300V+ battery pack coupled to a 36kw three-phase AC induction drive system.

AC drive systems offer numerous advantages over equivalent DC systems but until recently the induction drives were just too expensive for the electric vehicle enthusiast crowd. AC systems may still be slightly more expensive, but EV mavericks are already using these newly available components to build cars that set new standards in quality and performance..."

Read the whole story at... http://www.megawattmotorworks.com/

Also, I've got EV Shock Therapy T-Shirts on sale for just $15 now through August 31st, 2005. They feature custom artwork based on Mark Mongillo's Fiamp, and sale proceeds help fund my website activities... http://www.megawattmotorworks.com/store/shop/item.asp?itemid=30

Cheers,
-Dave Stensland, President
Megawatt Motorworks, Inc.

At 09:32 AM 8/23/2005, Reverend Gadget wrote:
I have a 1 ton ford crew cab diesel pick up that I
will be converting. I will be recieving the motor and
controller this week. It's a 300kw system from a 30
foot bus. The motor will reside under the bed . I have
all the room from the from the hood to the back of the
cab for batteries. since this is an AC conversion, I'm
thinking that GC batteries are the way to go. any
thoughts?

Oooh, sounds similar to the truck I'd like to do. (F-250 SuperCab with 240v of GC) With the motor under the bed, won't there still be room for some batteries to either side of it?
Do you think there is actually enough clearance to put batteries under the cab?

--
John G. Lussmyer      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dragons soar and Tigers prowl while I dream....
http://www.CasaDelGato.com

Depends on the touch screen -- only the capacitive sort requires a real
finger.  Summarized on this page:
http://www.protouch-uk.co.uk/touchscreens_explained/technologies.html

The ones my former employer used were the SAW variety.  The screens
themselves were the plain glass of a normal CRT with an almost
imperceptable sheet covering it.  They worked well.

Danny Miller wrote:

Another touch screen issue is that these won't work with gloves on. They don't use force, they require touch.

I agree about looking away from the road, that's a significant issue.

Danny

Mark Farver wrote:

Touch screens are cool and I've used my fair share of them, but in a car it is often important to be able to operate controls without looking away from the road. Consider moving the most needed controls to physical switches or adding touch and audible cues to the system.

--- Begin Message --- ISOLATED Analog outputs of volts / amps / soc % for driving real guages. Maybe even make a version that is less $$$, and has no display of it's own.

High speed data output via RS232 / USB of raw actual sampled data used by the meter, for logging and algorithm tweaking, as well as coloumb counting and aggregate data output.

Victor Tikhonov wrote:

I don't own an e-meter so can't tell what people like or dislike
about it. I know it has RS232 isolation issues, and that's all I
know.

Can owners tell me what they don't like about their e-meter,
how you'd rather seeit designed or operated?

Which features are lacking and which you consider redundant?

I'm working on an alternative to an e-meter and am at the
point where I can implement changes most frequently requested.

Basically, could you create a short wish list what do you
want such a gadget to do. Don't let current design bias you -
alternative can but doesn't have to be similar.

Thanks all in advance,

Mark - At present, how is power applied to the motor? By way of a
controller, simply a contactor or something else? - Bruce Bailey