  1) RE: Michaela's  choice,  Re: Battery design
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Confusing arising
        by Pascal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) EVision: Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: 2 step contactor - starting an etek
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Zilla Backorders
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Todd DC/DC Converter
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: 2 step contactor - starting an etek
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Battery Interlace
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Michaela's  choice,  Re: Battery design
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Confusing arising (Direct Drive and Transaxle)
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: E-9 PG&E rates in California
 20) Re: 2 step contactor - starting an etek
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Confusing arising
        by Pascal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Another conversion...
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Subaru magazine.
 26) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted.
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) PFC Ground and Pack Negative  (was RE: Russco vs Zivan vs PF)
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Michaela,
IMHO I am going to disagree with Jerry on the issues of an S-10.  I think if
you like the S-10 and it fits your needs and budget, then go with it.  The
truck has a long proven record of EV conversions.  Not only the E-10s but
the factory S-10s as well as the conversions.  A mid 90s version is light
weight as far as trucks go and much nicer looking than the 80s.  The bed is
easily modified to lift up so you can put batteries between the frame.
There is plenty of room in the engine compartment for additional batteries
and electric drive stuff.  And as far as aerodynamics, the S-10 mid 90s
versions are better than most.  Put a canvas cover over the bed and you cut
drag sufficiently.  The frame on these trucks is robust as far as small
trucks go and the suspension can be modified easily.  I can slide under mine
without even jacking it up!  It is a versatile and easily modifiable truck.
I wish you well!

I know Jerry is fond of small lightweight commuters to fit his mold and
those cars certainly have a place in the EV world. I'm not trying to dis
Jerry at all. They just don't always fit in the needs of the general daily
driver.  If you want versatility in vehicle platform and use, (commuter and
errand running) you can't go wrong with a small truck and the S-10 seems to
be the truck of choice.  Moreover, with the S-10, you have a proven platform
that can be easily repaired if you have a problem with the truck (fender
bender).

I agree with Jerry about batteries.  If you go with NiCads, you will not
have the power of an AGM.  You will have 3X the life and longer distance per
pound, but you won't be smokin the tires too much.  But if you want the long
life bats, go for BB600s or something like a Saft 6v flooded system.  If you
noticed Seth Allen's previous post on his NiCads, they are from 1981 and
still running I infer from his posting.  That's 24 years!  There is a lot of
potential maintenance and other issues with that many small batteries, but
if you want them, then you should go for it.  Just be aware of the down side
as well.  If you want to go for AGM or sealed batteries and a set of
regulators, do it.  I think you will have good luck and Realistically
reasonable distance with a 156v parallel pack of batteries with good
acceleration when needed and reasonable service life of the bats if you
spring for regs and a decent charger.

Just my opinion.

Jeff Wilson
USA(Ret)
2 E-10s

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Might be a good idea to write a letter to Subaru at their Drive Magazine. I wrote saying I was excited about the R1 Electric and would like to encourage Subaru on this project.
http://www.drivesubaru.com/index.htm
Lawrence Rhodes
Bassoon/Contrabassoon
Reedmaker
Book 4/5 doubler
Electric Vehicle & Solar Power Advocate
415-821-3519

On Aug 23, 2005, at 11:53 AM, John G. Lussmyer wrote:

Well, there is this little item that I've put together....
http://www.casadelgato.com/CasaDelGatoSystems/index_files/Page451.htm
I'm currently starting to test these.

Very cool. How this programmed?
Paul "neon" G.

Here is what is happening with my PFC:

1. the PFC case is connected to the the car chassis as per the instructions

2. only when the switch is turned on, the case and the car chassis becomes
pack negative

If the green wire ground is connected to the car chassis, therefore the pack
negative is connected to ground.

I was on the phone to Rich about this a few months back. He indicated that
this is normal behaviour. Are you telling me there is something wrong here?
If so, please clarify how I should test and correct.

<outbind://18/www.cameronsoftware.com/ev/>