  1) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by "Pestka, Dennis J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Battery Monitor
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: driving habits
        by Ken Olum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Buses talk...
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Battery Monitor
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by James Jarrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Hydraulic drive motorcycle
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Driving analog gauges
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Thundersky Batteries,   Dougs post on his set ups,
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Dc / Dc Converter For Sale ?
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Kelvin connection
        by "Jake Oshins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Peugeot's EV
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Driving analog gauges
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Battery Boxes / Heat pad ?
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Best Flooded Battery
        by Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: e-meter type gadget wish list wanted
Im nervous,

I know that my range will decrease by up to 30% in the winter ? Im hoping that with my 144vlt setup..Warp9, Zilla1k that ill be able to get 40miles (good possibility?) in the summer and 25-30miles in the winter ? I have a 8 mile commute each way right now....

If keeping the batterys warm is a concern i really need to address it..

Cwarman

Mark Hastings wrote:

When in Connecticut I drove my EV to the train station every workday through a year. It was parked outside even in the blizzards for 14 hours 4 miles from my house when I had the 72volt rabbit and 10 miles from my house when I had my 144 volt blazer (I lived in different places with the different cars). When I got home I'd spend time cleaning it off and then just drive em home and plug it in. I did have a heating pad which ran with the charger to help warm up the batteries while they sat in the EV outside. Yes there was less range and yes it was a little slower to get up and go but the range was more then enough to cover my 4-10 mile ride. If I remember correctly the large mass of the batteries with just a bit of insulation in the battery box will keep them somewhat warm for long enough if you drive and charge it most every day.

Cwarman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What are people doing with thier EV in the winter months, if one doesnt have a garage and this vehicle is gonna be used each day for short commutes ?

Ive read about some people that will have a heat blanket in the battery box..

Does this not have to be on, while the truck is being used ?

Anyone using one of these setups now ?

CWarman

.

 Is there any difference between AGM and floodies when it comes to cold
weather performance?

Dennis