  1) Re: Cable Crimping Tools
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Street Conversion vs Modified Conversion
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Streamlined Scooters
  4) Re: Solar Trailer?
        by "Lee Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: We got the Sunrise !!!
        by "Lee Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Battery charging in parallel  (A Different Idea)  Lee?
        by "Lee Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Industrial motors was: Re: Siemens EV Motors
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Street Conversion vs Modified Conversion
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: fast charger
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Possible motors or build our own.  Re: We got the Sunrise !!!
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Street Conversion vs Modified Conversion
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: website for Siemens motors
        by "Charles Whalen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Clarification of hook-up of EV-1 to Bradley from post01082 (Jan 2000)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Industrial motors was: Re: Siemens EV Motors
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Cable Crimping Tools
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) First drive impressions
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: fast charger
        by Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: SOC
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: fast charger
        by Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) My S-10 again - ABS
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) TS Connecting Questions
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Cable Crimping Tools
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Street Conversion vs Modified Conversion
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Here is a link to my $21 2/0 crimpers

http://www.haritech.com/crimp.htm

Use 4 foot bolt cutters. Three foot bolts cutters will work, but you must shorten the socket and make a thinner crimp.

At 09:22 AM 10/1/2005, you wrote:
Doug wrote:
> I'm building my cables now - QuickCable copper terminals on the SAE
> posts on Orbital batteries.

Are you using #2/0 cables? What are you crimping them with?

I'm about to do my cables and have a 2' bolt cutter that I was going to turn into a crimper but don't know what size hex socket to use. I looked at some cables connections and 1/2" looks right. Can anybody say whether that is the correct size or not?

Thanks
Rush
Tucson AZ
www.ironandwood.org

   _ /|        Bill "Wisenheimer" Dube'
  \'o.O'     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
=(___)=
Check out the bike -> http://www.KillaCycle.com

Paul G. wrote:

One must carefully consider not allowing roll cages in an SC class car. First, that means that new records will end in the 12's - NHRA won't accept 11's without a cage. Second, someone may want to run a VW kit car some day. They require a cage unless they are not competitive (and NHRA is right about that - they have little side impact strength and are squirrely at speed.)

These are good points. I'm not closed to the idea of a roll cage, and safety should always come first, but my personal feeling is that a roll cage screams 'race car'. But then again, the Tango comes factory equipped with a full cage....hmmmm.

How does everyone else feel about this? Is having a roll cage in a street conversion class EV to much 'race' and moving away from 'street', or, is it a proper step for an SC class EV to take as it gets quicker through the quarter mile? How about swapping tires once one gets to the track and running slicks? I still feel that slicks should be reserved for MC class vehicles, but it sure would be fun to see what my low 12 second car (man, that sounds good) could do with the extra catapult action out of the hole real slicks provide! I could do this and not submit the time slips to NEDRA to keep things fair in the SC class, just to see if White Zombie can pull 11's...then again, the damn thing just might pull a high 11 on street tires :-)

>I look forward to seeing the rules, voltage and class, reviewed. It means that EV racing is growing - the varied opinions about what the >rules mean is showing.

Me too. I'd like to hear from NEDRA board members and get their valued opinions. NEDRA? Bill Dube?

See Ya......John 'Plasma Boy' Wayland