  1) RE: Details of the SmartEV trial (in UK)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2) Re: Replacing motor can with lighter material
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: EV Test drive
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Replacing motor can with lighter material
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Want to build a sporty EV. Motor Mania
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Home made 3 phase AC motor (was Replacing motor can with lighter material)
        by Mike Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Tesla Motors mentioned on Coast to Coast AM, an Stuff.
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Moving to Portland, OT
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Cap Based Battery Balancer
        by "Lewis, Brian K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Details of the SmartEV trial (in UK)
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Replacing motor can with lighter material
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Want to build a sporty EV. Motor Mania
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Unexpected first charge with PFC-20
        by Ralph Merwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Timing vs RPM's
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Cap Based Battery Balancer
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Want to build a sporty EV
        by "Mark Frederick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Upgrading to a higher voltage (comment)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Multi-"gear" motors (was: Re: Want to build a sporty EV. Motor Mania)
        by Doug Weathers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Replacing motor can with lighter material
 20) Fried SSR
        by "Grigg. John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Moving to Portland, OT
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Replacing motor can with lighter material, Don't DO it!!!!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Want to build a sporty EV
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Replacing motor can with lighter material, Don't DO it!!!!
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Prizm data point
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
It won't need power steering at that weight. It is a little lighter than my
SmartEV.

0-30 mph at 6.5 out of a 50KW motor? Pretty slow.
The original gearbox is pretty interesting, but leave little room to the side
for a motor. The standard Zytek methodology is to leave it in a single gear. It
has a really nice electronic controlled sequential shifter and electric clutch.
It could have a really quick 0-60 time.

Pretty expensive proposition. The Zebra batteries are really expensive, I know,
but a $35,000 lease then return the car? You can build one for less than that
:-)

It is a great little electric vehicle, reasonable pickup, lots of fun to drive.

Peter
www.smartev.us

From: "Lawrence Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>