  1) Re: battery trailer
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: battery trailer
        by "Ev Performance (Robert Chew)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: E-Meter AH Battery State Of Charge Capacity
        by "Evan Tuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: battery trailer
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: E-Meter AH Battery State Of Charge Capacity
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Airbag and non-ECU computers
        by "Barry Oppenheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: battery trailer
        by "Ev Performance (Robert Chew)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: battery trailer
        by Don M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Wanted: E-Meter, Dead or Alive!!!
        by Steven Ciciora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Charging infrastructure
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Streetcar components - extra high voltage, Comments
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: battery trailer
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Wilderness EV
        by "Clyde R. Visser, P.E." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: Prestolite MTA 4001 (48V) vs. MTC4001 (96V)
        by "Sweeney, John P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: battery trailer
        by Don M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Can't find on graybar, 300W DC converter found
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Black Cell
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Can't find on graybar, 300W DC converter found
        by Martin K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: battery trailer
        by Don M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: battery trailer
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Netgain Warp 8" availability?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Netgain Warp 8" availability?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) mountain ev
        by Robb Wallen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Lithium Safety
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: bolt pattern info - Blazer
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
        by "Clyde R. Visser, P.E." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Streetcar components - extra high voltage
        by Martin K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
I agree with the idea of a trailer for extra range.  Some years back, Team
New England's  Solectria Force won the Tour de Sol (I think twice), towing a
battery trailer.

As long as you're not put off by the awkwardness of backing up and parking,
a battery trailer can be very effective.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EV List Assistant Administrator

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not reach me.
To send a private message, please obtain my email address from
the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ - the former contact address
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) will soon disappear.

True,

I feel this would be the better route to follow without going into generator
type trailers.

An extra 150-200 kg of batteries on a small trailer is no problem.It is not
really going to affect my vehicle's suspension, however, will increase the
electrical economy and increase the braking distance.

Anyone on the list actually made a battery trailer??

Cheers

On 15/08/06, David Roden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I agree with the idea of a trailer for extra range.  Some years back, Team
New England's  Solectria Force won the Tour de Sol (I think twice), towing
battery trailer.

As long as you're not put off by the awkwardness of backing up and
parking,
a battery trailer can be very effective.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EV List Assistant Administrator

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not reach me.
To send a private message, please obtain my email address from
the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ - the former contact address
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) will soon disappear.

On 8/13/06, Roland Wiench <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The AH displays only 18 AH when this happens.

60-79% of 260 AH should be 104 to 52 AH used.

Are there some other factors to consider?

Perhaps check what this option is set to:

F09 Set Discharge Floor

If this is set to something other than 100%, it will change the
scaling of the LED bar graph to show "empty" at that percentage (of
the 260AH in your case).  It's actually quite a useful feature.

few more:
-maybe adapting 155/70/13" wheels and mount LRR tires like Nokian NRT2 or
bridgestone B381 or Michelin E3B to have 10-15% more range.

-inflat your actual tires to the max

- use synthetic oil in gearbox

-instead of SCS-225, use 6 X trojan J185P batteries (195Ah)
would result in 51X6 = 306kg lead instead of actual 180kg ! and should give
you 40km range instead of 25km.
Fiat 126 maximum weight is 900kg so actual 700kg -180 +306 = 830kg...and
less room for you

imho such car can't give more than 35-40km usable with lead, maybe it should
be better keeping few EV parts for bigger EV conversion and selling the
fiat.

cordialement,
Philippe

Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php