  1) Re: Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
  2) Re: EV digest 5760
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
  4) Re: Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Drive Shaft Containment
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Oregonian Reporter Gets Zombied!
  7) Re: article: Tesla Roadster Sells Out First 100 Cars
        by "David C. Navas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Drive Shaft Containment
        by "Mark Metcalf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Two Electric cars for sale.
 10) RE: article: Tesla Roadster Sells Out First 100 Cars
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Drive Shaft Containment
        by "Michael T Kadie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: IGBTs and DC controllers
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Lithium Safety
        by "Edward Ang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Drive Shaft Containment
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: 72V - 370V DC-DC Converter, 300W
        by "Myles Twete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Solar charging an EV - off grid
        by "jmygann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) EUROPOSITRON,Is this battery for real ?
        by "ROBERT GOUDREAU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: article: Tesla Roadster Sells Out First 100 Cars! GREAT!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Drive Shaft Containment
        by Ricky Suiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Wilderness Electric Vehicle warning
        by "Evan Tuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
We've heard good and bad about Wilderness.  We need more than two bad
reports to really know what is going on with them.  The problem is not all
of their customers are on our list.  I have a feeling the success stories
are driving happily on their own unknown to us.  Lawrence Rhodes....
    Date: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:28 am (PDT)

Hi All,
Why bother with eBay,just buy my two cars now-

1980? EXAR electric car,Frua bodied,only-one-in-the world,needs major
TLC,$800 or trade-located in Reno,NV

1973 Dyane6,runs but has rust issues. It is currently titled and
drivable,$2000.00, located in Pt.Arena,CA

Dale

Hi Dave,

These are questions for every Lotus, not only this one
with customised body and motor.
Ask your friendly Lotus dealer. ;-)

Cor van de Water
Systems Architect
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water    IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:   +1 408 542 5225     VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
Fax:   +1 408 731 3675     eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
Proxim Wireless Networks   eFAX: +1-610-423-5743
Take your network further  http://www.proxim.com

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm impressed!  100 people have paid $100,000 deposits for a Tesla.
> I'd never pay a deposit like that.  I wouldn't have an hour's peace of
> mind while worrying about whether the company would  fail to deliver
> my car or refund my money.  Corbin Motors took prepayments for
> Sparrows and left a number of people hanging with no Sparrow and no
> refund.

Presumably the escrow account is sufficient for 100 people, anyway.
I would worry about other things -- how often do I need to replace
those really expensive tires, for example.  Or, where do I go to
repair that all-carbon-fiber body?  Or, how stiff is that suspension,
really?  Or, what happens when I scrape the entire bottom off the car
going over my first speed bump?

On the otherhand, it's likely to be a hell of a collector's item.

-Dave

That is the standard way (circle or oval).  It is referred to as a driveline
safety loop (required by NEDRA and ICE vehicle faster than a certain speed).

If you do a search you will find pictures of different ones to make your own
from or summit racing, jegs, all the rational places seem to carry them.

KD
-eCobra http://ssinc.us/kitcar/index.htm

  I saw something in passing regarding drive shaft containment I think on
race cars (maybe from nedra).  I was curious if there was a standard
recommended way of containing a driveshaft should the U joint pop off.  I
noticed when I got my Cushman it was loose, popped off and banged the rear
end up in the air.  Should a metal circle be mounted around each end?

  Best Regards,

--- Begin Message --- David, I may be considered one of the fast guys on the list but I believe we should have a slower and more affordable option besides NEVs. Although I also think NEVs are great they are still limited by the roads they can travel on. I personally am looking at developing a low voltage kit for small cars like Honda Civics. If you keep the voltage at 72 then everything becomes less expensive. The controllers for 72 volt systems cost half of what one does for a 120-144 volt system. Batteries of course cost less. 450 amps in a light car will still feel like reasonable acceleration. Of course trying to move more than two tons from a dead stop takes an enormous amount more energy than moving a light car. This concept is of course a no brainer. It is just that nobody has put out what I would term as a quality low voltage kit. I know many of the fast crowd, of which I am a member, consider 96-120 volt systems as low voltage and there are already quality kits available from Electro Automotive. I am also looking into the possibility of a 48 volt AC drive city car type kit.

Roderick Wilde
EV Parts, Inc.
www.evparts.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[...]

OK, everybody:
I've been to www.evparts.com and seen their FAQ list, but STILL can't find this stuff. What do these terms stand for:
SOC=State of Charge?
PMSM=Permanent Magnet Series Motor?
IGBT=Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT)
DOD= Only thing I can think of is Department of Defense
UQM= UQM Technologiess? http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/uqm_deere_hybrid_tractor.html
BLDC= Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor
IIRC= If I Recal/Remember Correctly Internet Acronyms Dictionary
Thanks!
Ryan G. Plut
"Common sense is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - G. Bernard Shaw

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Klingensmith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>