  1) Re: Car and Driver Runs 12.3 @ 103 mph in White Zombie!Comments, Silly
stuff.
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: I don't need a dc-dc converter
        by "steve clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: I don't need a dc-dc converter
        by Martin K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Link to Battery Electrolyte Acid (Specific gravity 1.268)
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Recycling Facts WAS : Link to Battery Electrolyte Acid (Specific gravity
1.268)
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Radio's? WAS Re: I don't need a dc-dc converter
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) I drove Zombie down the drag strip
        by "Chris Brune" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Car and Driver Runs 12.3 @ 103 mph in White Zombie!
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: EV grin is back!
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Radio's? WAS Re: I don't need a dc-dc converter
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: I drove Zombie down the drag strip
        by "steve clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: EV grin is back!
        by "Mark McCurdy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Capturing Zilla data at the drag strip
        by "Chris Brune" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) li ion battery recalls, connectors
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 15) Blowing fuses in the scooter from hell.`HELP!
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Blowing fuses in the scooter from hell.`HELP!
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Building a controller yourself?, was Re: EV grin is back!
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Blowing fuses in the scooter from hell.`HELP!
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Danger den magII water pump
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Blowing fuses in the scooter from hell.`HELP!
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: The next evolution of hobbyist EVs - there is money to be made
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: A note on potentiometers
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:31:21 -0700
From: Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: A note on potentiometers

The shutter I was talking about is a piece of film with gradual
clear-to black transition through all shades of gray
on the way. It is trivial to make such a shutter - I use
to do it when photographed a sheet of paper bent such
that bright side pointed toward light source (like sun)
gradually turns to the shadow on the other side. The
developed negative cut out was the shutter ready for use.

You can make such shutter from a sunglasses with
almost clear bottom and dense dark top coating.
But clear-to dark ratio won't be too high.

But, really, while it is all fun, it's a school-hobby approach.
One can make it work, but if you want to "install
and forget" sensor, use the one meant for the job.
A TPS is the part. I use Bosch throttle pot. If connected
as prescribed, no one have heard of a failure of one.
People who got Siemens system can tell they have real thing.

It's been suggested many times here, and only desire to
get as good solution but 10x cheaper keeps
generating bizzar solutions for non-existing problem.

If one find $30 part, he won't get it because he think he may
built the equivalent for $8 parts worth. So far so good.
Once this part fails on a freeway, he'd be in the situation
where you'd gladly pay on the spot twice $30 if he only
could avoid getting the trouble. Very the same "unconvenceable"
person. At this tome he likely will regret that he didn't
install the right $30 part in a first place.
But in a first
place there is no way you convince to spend $30
for non-tangeable peace of mind. Sort of buying insurance.
People is people,
you know. So, have fun with photo-sensor throttle pot,
best luck! (it's not directed to you Lee, just thinking
out loud).