  1) Keystone Carts saga
  2) Re: Crimping Tool Choice
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Top Ten electric vehicles you can buy right now
  4) Homebrew 400A 48V controller and schematics on ebay
        by "Matt Kenigson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: wiring size
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Top two wheeled ev you can buy right now
  7) Re: Crimping Tool Choice
        by MARK DUTKO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: wiring size
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Top Ten electric vehicles you can buy right now
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) I.d.  that motor
        by Matthew Milliron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) EVLN(DMV ICE smog fee bill to break the oil habit)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) EVLN(Mike Harvey's Cabby 80mi range conversion)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) EVLN(AQMDs pre-commercial PHEV Prius)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) EVLN(Tesla's White Star 4door electric sports sedan)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) EVLN(Tracabout all-terrain pEV: part wheelchair & part tank)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) EVLN(NEDO's 5yr ¥10b hi-performance EV battery R&D project)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) EVLN(PlanetTran: not your grandfathers hybrid service)-long
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Has anyone else gotten the emails from and about Keystone Carts.  It seems
many were duped into sending money with no product comming.  The
product(does anyone have one?) is a Xebra like vehicle with a hatchback
rather than a closed back like the Xebra.  There are accusations comming
from the USA rep & it seems like a game of monkey in the middle with the
customers as the loser.  I'm glad I kept my money in my pocket.   Any
comments welcome.  Lawrence Rhodes...

$41 for shipping?  Seems pretty steep.

Jeff Shanab wrote:
I went to ebay and got one of those burndy y35 hydraulic units.

like 140082564416 or 160081493027

Best choice I ever made. With 26 batteries in two locations, breakers
and disconnects, I had over 60 crimps to do. The heavy duty connectors
for the 2/0 cable have orange stripes on them that the orange die
perfectly fits between.

From:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/02/07/the-top-ten-electric-vehicles-you-can-buy-today-for-the-most-pa
via: http://www.hugg.com/story/Top-Ten-electric-cars-available-in-2007-1

The Top Ten electric vehicles you can buy right now (for the most part)
by Sebastian Blanco

Feb 7th 2007

I think all the news of the Tesla Roadster and the Chevy Volt that came out
since last summer has reminded a lot of people that there are some serious
contenders to the gasoline engine. The electric vehicle (EV) community
certainly thinks 2006 was a good year for EVs. In fact, the past has seen
some truly cool EVs, and the list of retired EVs is long and, for some,
emotional: the EV1, the Ranger EV, the RAV4 EV and so on. But there should
be no time for mourning and instead a look toward the future. Actually, we
don't even need to guess what great EVs are coming down the pipe, there are
already some wicked cool EVs available today. If you're ready to get off the
gas in 2007, consider one of these, the Top Ten Electric Cars of 2007 (Aside
from the Roadster, which certainly deserves the Number 1 spot, the list is
in no real order).

Tesla Roadster - This car has reinvigorated the EV market like no other.
While technically no one can buy it this year (all 100 vehicles that will be
available later in 2007 have already been spoken for, I can't help but place
it at No. 1. With a 0-60 time beneath four seconds and a look that makes you
just want to hop in and drive, the Roadster (More)

UEV Spyder - Universal Electric Vehicle's Spyder made an impressive debut at
the Santa Monica Alt Car Expo last December, even though I heard a lot of
people ask, "Is this the Tesla?" This EV will be available with different
battery configurations at different price levels (some comparable to the
Roadster). You don't hear so many people talk the Spyder up, but it seems to
share many of the same qualities that make the Roadster so exciting: speed,
zero emissions, and sports-car styling. (More)

Phoenix SUT - Yeah, it's expensive ($45,000), but EVs aren't cheap. Heck,
retired Toyota RAV4 EVs regularly go for more than $50,000 on eBay, and the
batteries in those things are old. Phoenix has been working with Altairnano
Technologies on new batteries and is bringing this sports utility truck to
market with better range than the RAV4 (but, admittedly, not as much size).
Phoenix says they hope to sell 500 SUTs by the end of the year. Perhaps a
better name will pump up sales. (More)

Miles ZX40 - While the Spyder and the Roadster don't really ask the driver
to make any sacrifices (aside from in the bank account), EVs like those from
Miles are not a replacement for a "standard" car, but a solid contender for
second vehicle for certain families or individuals, or as a main vehicle for
those who don't have to go very far. The Miles ZX40 is like a lot of NEVs -
limited to a top speed of 25 mph, a range of around 50 miles per charge and
a price of about $12,000-$20,000. (We don't actually know the price of the
ZX40, but other NEVs are priced in this range). Another Miles model, the
OR70, can go 35 mph. (More)

ZENN - Another player in the NEV field, ZENN's cars are "zero emission, no
noise." Get it? ZENN. These NEVs have a lower range than Miles' offerings
(only about 35 miles) and are a bit smaller, too. When I drove one in D.C.
last year the battery was on its last legs and in need of a charge, but
still drove well. The various options can add up to $2,500 to the $12,500
base price. But the most exciting part about ZENN's offerings are yet to
come: the EESTOR ultra capacitor is still shrouded in mystery, but the
potential is great for this new EV power source (as is the disappointment if
the EESTOR doesn't live up to the hype). (More)

GEM e2 - Yes, they look funny. No, they can't go very far or very fast. But
GEM electric vehicles have been available for years and the company has a
wide range of models available (two through six seats, with or without a
flatbed) and prices ($7,000-$12,500). GEMs are used around the country on
various campuses, but models like the e2 are obviously targeted to home
users. (More)

Smart EV - Available in Switzerland and the UK, the tiny Smart EVs are
zero-emission versions of their fossil-fuel drinking cousins. These cars
share the easy-parking abilities and unique styling of the standard Smarts,
but are only available in the fortwo configuration and only to "to blue chip
companies who are happy to meet our requirements to power the cars using
only renewable energy sources," says Smart UK. Conversions for your standard
Smart are also available. (More)

Mullen L1X-75 - Some of our readers are skeptical of Hybrid Technologies,
maker of the Mullen L1X-75, saying their press releases promise more than
they can ever deliver. The L1X-75 certainly promises a lot - 100-mile range
on a 4-6 hour charge - and this comes at a price ($125,000). Still, the
sports car look will attract the eye of those you zip by, and I'd certainly
give one a whirl. (More)

G-Wiz EV - available in the UK (and desired by Sir Elton John), the G-Wiz
costs a little bit (£8,299 to £6,999) more than some of the short-range EVs
in America, but you get something extra in England, too: exemption from
certain taxes and London congestion charges and free parking in some areas.
There are even free charging stations in some locations. (More)

Kurrent - A tiny and very distinctive-looking NEV, the Kurrent's price
($10,600) includes home delivery because, as American Electric Vehicle
president Scott Thornton told AutoblogGreen, if AEV allowed the Kurrent to
be sold at just any dealership, the customer might not be able to drive it
home thanks to U.S. laws that restrict NEVs to roads with a posted speed
limit of 35 mph or below. Lead-acid batteries deliver a range of about
40-mile range. (More)

For Number 10, I cannot ignore all of the homemade EVs and converted EVs.
People have been creating their own electric vehicles for year, and the
trend continues. For examples, read more here, here and here.

There are more EVs available today, and if you feel I should've included any
in this Top Ten list, add it yourself in the comments. Also, there are a lot
of upcoming EVs to get excited about - Tesla's WhiteStar sedan, Zap!'s Lotus
APX - so if you're sick of gassing up your car, consider going all-electric.
They're not for everyone, but they might be perfect for you.

FYI, ran across this on ebay.  Looks pretty old and unsophisticated.
Item # 120084271742

2 gage wire is no where near big enough for 200 amps continuous.  1/0
would be pushing it.  I would use 2/0 just for a hefty safety margin.
Here is a link for the actual capabilities of the wiring.

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

Here is a link for a good place to get the connectors and the cable.

http://www.wiringproducts.com/?target=dept_44.html&gclid=CIfAp_DunooCFRZ
AgQodBi78fw

I use 2 guage wiring on my motorcycle and it carries this many amps no
problem, but because it is a motorcycle the overall length of the
circuit is fairly short, probably around 10 feet.

damon

>From: "Tim Gamber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
>Subject: wiring size
>Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 20:32:42 -0700
>
>is 1/0 wiring big enough to take 450 amps for short bursts and 100-200
>amps continuous at 72 volts?

>http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=43.658648~-79.383962&style=r&;
>lvl=15&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3702663&cid=7ABE80D1746919B4!1329
>>From January 26 to February 8, 2007

something more.
http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemta
gline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG

Invite your Hotmail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- So this seems to be a list of NEVs with a few EVs that you can't actually buy thrown in. Why not just throw together a list of golf carts and forklifts? It does me about as much good. I know, the Tesla is on here, now raise your hand if YOU can buy a Tesla or even if you know someone that has bought one and is currently driving it!

damon

From: "Lawrence Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "SFEVA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Top Ten electric vehicles you can buy right now
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:22:20 -0800

From:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/02/07/the-top-ten-electric-vehicles-you-can-buy-today-for-the-most-pa
via: http://www.hugg.com/story/Top-Ten-electric-cars-available-in-2007-1

The Top Ten electric vehicles you can buy right now (for the most part)
by Sebastian Blanco

Laugh, share and connect with Windows Live Messenger http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline
  I just came into possession of a new small motor.

Oriental motor Co. RR9
reversible motor 01541
B0160-454
100W       100V    50/60Hz
40uF               10min.

It has 5 wires of 20 gauge.  I assume that it is AC.  Online I find
one site with Oriental motor's.  No help.

R. Matt Milliron
1981 Jet Electrica
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/702
My daughter named it, "Pikachu". It's yellow and black,
electric and contains Japanese parts, so I went with it.

EVLN(DMV ICE smog fee bill to break the oil habit)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/16632951.htm
Posted on Tue, Feb. 06, 2007
Lawmakers propose new clean-fuel fund
BILL WOULD ADD $4 TO FEES ON NEWER CARS
By Steven Harmon  MediaNews Sacramento Bureau

SACRAMENTO - A group of California lawmakers hope that a bill to
create a $45 million clean-fuel technology fund will be just the
thing for California to keep -- and attract -- companies like San
Carlos' Tesla Motors.

The electric car maker, founded by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs
Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, wants to expand and is
considering building an electric car plant in Pittsburg. It's
also weighing offers out of state.

Assemblyman Mark DeSaulnier, D-Martinez, a co-author of the bill,
said he held meetings with company and city officials Monday at
his Capitol office and hopes such a fund would encourage Tesla to
stay.

``If they want to grow to the scale they're talking about, the
government will be very supportive of them,'' DeSaulnier said.
``If we can put thousands of electric cars on the road, the
government will want to support the subsidies.''

The bill would create a fund supported by tacking on $4 to the
smog-abatement fee paid at the time of vehicle registration by
owners of vehicles that are six years old and newer, and thus
exempt from smog checks. At $16, the fee would still be far less
than the $50 or more it costs to get older cars smog-checked.

``I think that's a pretty good deal in comparison to getting your
car smogged,'' said Assemblyman Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, the
main sponsor of the bill, AB 255. ``This is a health,
environmental and economic issue and we need to act now.''

Republicans call it a tax increase, though they won't be able to
force a two-thirds vote.

``It's the responsibility of energy companies to pay for research
and development,'' said Sen. Tom McClintock, R-Thousand Oaks.
``That's not the taxpayers' responsibility.''

Tesla Motors -- whose brand motto is ``Burn Rubber, Not
Gasoline'' -- wants to carve a niche in the electric car market
and would be well-positioned to use grants to help build an
assembly plant, DeSaulnier said.

The company has taken deposits on 270 two-seat electric roadsters
to be built at the Lotus plant in England and off the assembly
line by fall, according to reports. They cost $100,000 apiece,
are powered by lithium-ion batteries, can go 250 miles for each
charge, can get from zero to 60 mph in four seconds, and get the
equivalent of 135 miles per gallon. The car was named by Forbes
Magazine as the ``new car that best lives up to its hype.''

Hopeful of beginning production of more affordable cars over the
next couple years, Tesla is looking for $20 million -- $2 million
a year over 10 years -- from California, DeSaulnier said. The
company is considering Pittsburg and Albuquerque, where city
officials are offering their own incentives. Michigan is also
making a pitch for Tesla to build a $100 million plant on top of
an engineering center it's establishing near Detroit.

The revenues raised from the smog-abatement fee would go into the
Clean Air and Energy Independence Fund and be administered by the
California Air Resources Board. It's one of many clean-fuel
proposals in the Legislature.

``What's important about this measure that sets it apart is it
has a funding source,'' said Bill Magavern, a lobbyist for the
Sierra Club. ``It's been a crying need in California for a long
time -- an ongoing source of revenue to break our oil habit.''

The bill would piggyback on a one-time $25 million program from
last year that funded clean-air programs. But it's unlikely that
money will continue under this year's budget, lawmakers said, so
a permanent source of funding is needed.

``While it's a good start,'' de León said, ``the $25 million
would be meaningless if we don't follow up . . . with a sustained
effort to provide real alternatives to fossil fuels.''

The measure, de León said, will help the state reduce the public
health impacts caused by air pollution, increased environmental
threats caused by the greenhouse gases, and lessen national
security risks posed by dependence on foreign oil.

The fund is one of several proposals -- legislative and through
private-public partnerships -- to provide millions of dollars to
research and develop alternative fuels. Just last week, BP
announced it would shell out $500 million to a clean energy
development partnership led by University of California-Berkeley
researchers.

The issue also has received strong support from Gov. Arnold
Schwarzenegger.

Contact Steven Harmon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or (916) 441-2101.
© 2007 MercuryNews.com and wire service sources. All Rights
Reserved.
-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=
. http://geocities.com/brucedp/
. EV List Editor, RE & AFV newswires
. (originator of the above ASCII art)
===== Undo Petroleum Everywhere

EVLN(Mike Harvey's “Cabby” 80mi range conversion)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://enewschannels.com/2007/02/06/enc757_044922
Maryland Man Makes a Go Without Gas: Proves Electric Cars are a
Reality Now

Posted By Tabitha Berg On 6th February 2007 @ 04:49 In Story
Index, State: Maryland, News: Auto and Motorsports, News:
Environmental | No Comments

KNOXVILLE, Md. — Consumer concern about rising gas prices late
last summer has brought increased attention to alternate fuel
vehicles such as [...] electric cars. Mike Harvey of
[Knoxville's Harvey Coachworks], took it upon himself and has
recently completed a 4-month effort to convert a gas-powered
car to an all-electric zero-emissions vehicle.

The conversion, a 1992 VW Cabriolet recently won numerous awards
and accolades at an electric vehicle competition and show in WPB,
Florida. The objective of the car according to Harvey was to
convert a car to electric with parts available to anyone with the
desire to build one.

Designed for a range of 70-80 miles per charge; the car has
enough range to cover Harvey’s 58 mile roundtrip commute to
Dulles, Va. Driving electric will save Harvey an estimated $2500
per year in commuting costs.

[ http://enewschannels.com/META/07-0205-harveych_72dpi.jpg ]

In addition to the “Cabby” costing less than 3 cents/mile to
operate, it produces no emissions, and requires far less
maintenance than it did as a gasoline powered car.

Harvey Coachworks was founded in 2006 and provides conversion and
consultation services on electric and hybrid vehicle
conversions.

Harvey Coachworks, 2532 Point of Rocks Rd, Knoxville, MD, 21758.
Phone (301) 591-1340. [1] [ http://hevimotors.com ]

===

http://www.send2press.com/newswire/2007-02-0205-005.shtml

-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

EVLN(AQMD’s pre-commercial PHEV Prius)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070205005084&newsLang=en
February 05, 2007 09:00 AM Eastern Time
Southern California Tests Valence Powered EnergyCS Plug-in
Vehicles
U-Charge® Batteries Provide Zero-Emissions Driving with
Increased Fuel-Economy

AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Valence Technology, Inc., a
provider of advanced lithium-ion battery systems, has
collaborated with plug-in hybrid conversion company EnergyCS to
deliver green, fuel-efficient electric vehicles to the South
Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD). AQMD, Southern
California’s air pollution agency, is testing the Valence
U-Charge® powered plug-ins to further awareness of the
environmental and performance benefits of plug-in technology.

AQMD’s pre-commercial plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, or PHEV,
is based on a technology demonstrator kit designed for 2004 –
2007 model year Toyota Prius. The vehicle is outfitted with
Valence lithium-ion rechargeable batteries and custom monitoring
and control electronics designed by EnergyCS, to increase zero
emissions miles and double the Prius’ fuel economy. Valence’s
Saphion® lithium-ion battery pack, with approximately 9 kWh of
energy storage, will replace the Prius’ original nickel metal
hydride battery, thereby extending the usable energy storage by
over 18 times. AQMD actually has two of these vehicles.

AQMD has invested eight years into the research and evaluation of
plug-in technology and is working with the state to support the
Plug-in California Initiative sponsored by AQMD Board Member and
Riverside Mayor Ron Loveridge. This program is looking to provide
buyer and supplier incentives to further the adoption of plug-in
technology.

We are pleased to be one of the first organizations to test the
EnergyCS plug-in technology using Valence’s phosphate-based
lithium-ion batteries,” said Miguel Pulido, Mayor of Santa Ana
and an AQMD Board Member who is test-driving the plug-in hybrid
vehicle. “We look forward to releasing the demonstration results
over the next several months and anticipate it will show reduced
smog-forming and greenhouse gas emissions from the vehicle.”

Specific tests include evaluation of the battery performance and
life, maintenance and expansion of the EV mode, fuel economy
compared to a conventional HEV and driver experience. Once fully
tested, the demonstration phase will apply the PHEV technology to
other test vehicles to ensure the emissions are maintained at
super-ultra-low emission vehicle (SULEV) levels.

About South Coast Air Quality Management District
AQMD is the air pollution control agency for Orange County and
major portions of Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside
counties in Southern California.

About EnergyCS
Energy Control Systems Engineering (EnergyCS) is a privately held
company based in Monrovia, California. It provides leading edge
consulting, design and prototyping services for system
integration, management and monitoring of electrochemical energy
systems such as batteries and fuel cells for utilities, OEMs and
Tier 1 suppliers. The company is focused on and particularly
interested in pioneering applications in the areas of EV and HEV
transportation and alternative energy on systems from 24 to 1000
VDC.

About Valence Technology, Inc.
Valence Technology developed and markets Saphion® technology, the
industry’s first commercially available, safe, large-format
Lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology. Valence Technology
holds an extensive, worldwide portfolio of issued and pending
patents relating to its Saphion technology and lithium-ion
rechargeable batteries. The company has facilities in Austin,
Texas, Henderson, Nevada, and Suzhou and Shanghai, China. Valence
is traded on the Nasdaq SmallCap Market under the symbol VLNC and
can be found on the internet at www.valence.com.

Some information included in this press release contains
forward-looking statements [...] Contacts for Valence Technology,
Inc.  Pierpont Investor Relations Lynette Holsapple,
214-557-9717 Investor Relations Manager or Lois Paul & Partners
Emilie Harris, 512-638-5321 Media Relations Account Manager
 © Business Wire 2007
-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

EVLN(Tesla's White Star 4door electric sports sedan)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://www.caltradereport.com/eWebPages/front-page-1170832798.html
Biz Support Absent in Sacramento, Says Paper

Editorial cites state's failure to help city attract $100 million
manufacturing facility

SACRAMENTO – 02/07/07 – California, often touted as one of the
world’s Top Ten economies, lacks even the most simple economic
development and business retention plan, charges a recent
editorial in the Vacaville Reporter.

According to the piece, the City of Vacaville – located in
Northern California’s Solano County, about midway between San
Francisco and Sacramento – attempted to lure a new $100 million
electric vehicle assembly plant to the community, but was stymied
in its efforts by a less-than- lukewarm support from state
government officials in Sacramento.

"There are some states that are very, very interested in having
green manufacturing, and California doesn't seem to be one of
them", said Martin Eberhard, co-founder and chief executive
officer of Tesla Motors, the Silicon valley-based manufacturer of
high performance electric cars.

Eberhard said he received personal phone calls from the governor
of Arizona, proposing different programs and incentives to bring
the jobs to his state, but when it came to California, Eberhard
said, "I got shunted to a fellow in the California governor's
office,” who he dubbed "Dr. No."

In effect, the editorial asserted, Eberhard “was told what many
others have been told – that the state doesn't believe in
business incentives... In fact, the state no longer has an agency
with an adequate staff to pursue employers and new industry.”

In addition to a proposal from Arizona, the governor of Michigan
"cornered" Eberhard to promise all obstacles would be cleared
from the path to build a facility in his state, the editorial
said.

Michigan has already scored with Tesla, which opened the doors
two weeks ago at a new 19,240 square-foot research and
development center in Rochester Hills, near Detroit.

The facility will focus on the development of future Tesla cars,
starting with a four-door electric sports sedan to be built by
the Silicon Valley-based company.

That project, named "White Star," will focus on the development
of a lightweight, high-performance, four-door, five-passenger
sedan planned for production sometime in 2009.

In a statement, Eberhard said opening the Michigan facility gives
the company access to “the best, most experienced automotive
talent here in Michigan.”

The Rochester Hills City Council approved a tax abatement to
attract the Tesla center, which is expected to ultimately employ
between 50 and 60 engineers and support staff.

The small, three-year abatement on the proposed personal property
investment of Tesla Motors was part of a larger package of
incentives put together by the Michigan Economic Growth Authority
(MEGA).

The Michigan R&D center is the fourth Tesla Motors facility
worldwide and the second in the US, after the company's
headquarters in San Carlos. The company also has facilities in
England for assembly of the Tesla Roadster and Taiwan for motor
production.

Tesla was founded as a start-up in 2003 by Eberhard and partner,
Marc Tarpenning, who also who co-founded NuvoMedia ten years
ago.

The company has taken deposits on 270 two-seat electric roadsters
to be built at the Lotus plant in England and off the assembly
line by fall, according to auto industry reports.

The cars cost between $80,000 and $100,000 apiece and are powered
by lithium-ion batteries. They can travel 250 miles per charge,
can sprint from zero to 60 mph in four seconds, and get the
equivalent of 135 miles per gallon.

The vehicle was named by Forbes Magazine as the new car that best
lives up to its hype.''

[The assembly plant sought by Vacaville] – which would have
generated 300 high-tech jobs – “is going elsewhere, to Michigan
or to the East Coast. This is a Silicon Valley start-up company
that is producing vehicles in England and wants to build its next
non-polluting car in the United States,” it said. “[Tesla’s]
chief executive says it doesn't make good business sense to build
the plant in California.”

The “lack of an economic development strategy, is puzzling. But
there is no mystery about the response of business leaders who
are looking elsewhere to build new enterprises,” the editorial
concluded.
-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=
. http://geocities.com/brucedp/
. EV List Editor, RE & AFV newswires
. (originator of the above ASCII art)
===== Undo Petroleum Everywhere

Be a PS3 game guru.

EVLN(Tracabout all-terrain pEV: part wheelchair & part tank)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070207/NEWS01/702070346/1002
Clarkridge boy gets wish: An all-terrain chair
CHANDRA HUSTON  Bulletin Staff Writer

[
http://cmsimg.baxterbulletinonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=D3&Date=20070207&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=702070346
]
Bulletin Photo by Chandra Huston

Erik Strader of Integrated Rehabilitation Systems, Inc. talks
with 12-year-old Raymond Walter of Clarkridge. Walter, who
suffers from muscular dystrophy, received a Trac About
[ http://tracabout.com ] all-terrain personal mobility vehicle
from the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

"Your wish has been granted."

The five words are all it takes for Raymond Walter's infectious
smile to appear. The 12-year-old knows he has been fooled.
Walter, who suffers from muscular dystrophy, thought he was
meeting Make-A-Wish Foundation representatives Monday evening to
get measurements for his new Trac About personal mobility
vehicle. He had no idea the heavy-duty wheelchair was sitting
right behind him.

"Wow!" he said, turning around to look at the machine. "That's
real nice. You had me going for a while. I was starting to get
skeptical."

The Trac About, what looks to be part wheelchair and part tank,
uses its tracks to go over curbs, travel up steep hills, go
through rocky terrain and speed in snow or mud. The electric
vehicle also sports headlights, a reclining seat and joystick
control.

Walter said the Trac About will be handy on his family's 163-acre
farm in Clarkridge.

"I can't get around the property with my wheelchair," he said,
looking down at the machine he's had since July 2004. "We have to
use a John Deere Gator now. I wanted to be able to go around the
farm on my own."

Walter said the first order of business in his new mobility
vehicle is driving it around the front yard to get the feel of
it. He said he will use the Trac About at home but keep his
current wheelchair for school.

"I like this one," he said of his present wheelchair. "I think it
goes faster than that one because it's not as heavy-duty. It's
more convenient in school hallways."

Mom Gail Walter said her son has been longing for a mobility
vehicle since he lost the ability to walk more than a year ago.

"He really wanted that chair," she said. "This looks like it has
all the bells and whistles."

Make-A-Wish volunteer Rita Huff of Alpena was near tears as she
watched Walter receive his Trac About. Huff said nothing compares
to helping grant children's wishes.

"This is the most fulfilling job," she said, glancing over at a
beaming Walter. "It's amazing to see these children so happy."

Walter said he's thankful for the wheelchair and can't wait to
use it. The chair will open up a whole new world to him, he
said.

"I'll be able to access things that I couldn't before," he said.
"I think it will be great."

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Copyright ©2007 The Baxter Bulletin.
All rights reserved
-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=
. http://geocities.com/brucedp/
. EV List Editor, RE & AFV newswires
. (originator of the above ASCII art)
===== Undo Petroleum Everywhere

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

EVLN(NEDO's 5yr ¥10b hi-performance EV battery R&D project)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20070206/127432/
NEDO Rolls out Governmental Project for Electric Vehicle with
Total Budget of 10 Billion yen
Feb 06, 2007 16:42  Kenichi Takata, Nikkei Monozukuri

Japan's New Energy and Industrial Technology Development
Organization (NEDO) held a workshop on "technology development of
high-performance storage system for next-generation vehicles" on
February 5, and unveiled the outline of the development project
of high-performance rechargeable battery with a budget of about
¥10 billion over the next 5 years. The battery is expected to be
used in plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles that can be
recharged from home outlets.

The development project can be roughly divided into three parts.
In the first part, the project aims to develop elemental
technologies that serve to significantly improve the performance
of the existing Li-ion rechargeable batteries. NEDO has set two
goals: one for the period until 2015 and the other for after
2015. The former goal is to clear the way to develop a battery
with the following features, among others: a gravimetric energy
density of 100 Wh/kg to be used as an automotive system, a
battery life of over 10 years, and a cost of ¥40,000/kWh (when
manufactured 1 million packs per year). The later goal is to
achieve a gravimetric energy density of over 200 Wh/kg and a cost
of ¥30,000/kWh or lower.

The second part of the project is the basic research to develop
electrode materials to be used in a new battery which can
outperform a Li-ion battery. The project aims to achieve a
gravimetric energy density of 500 Wh/kg after 2030. In the third
part, the project aims to develop fundamental technologies to
establish safety standards and test method standards for
rechargeable batteries.

Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry has allocated
¥1.7 billion for the development of automotive rechargeable
batteries in the budget bill for FY 2007. This is the first time,
however, that specific goals of the project have been unveiled.
The development project is a 5-year plan with a total budget of
about ¥10 billion. While battery and auto manufacturers,
universities, research institutes, etc. are expected to
participate in the project, NEDO will invite public participation
in March.
-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=
. http://geocities.com/brucedp/
. EV List Editor, RE & AFV newswires
. (originator of the above ASCII art)
===== Undo Petroleum Everywhere

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.

EVLN(PlanetTran: not your grandfather’s hybrid service)-long
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://news.cheapflights.com/airlines/2007/02/ecological_moto.html
Travel Related News  Ecological motoring: hybrids hit the Bay
Area

Want to help save at least a slice of the planet? Like the idea
of motoring about an electric/gasoline hybrid automobile?
PlanetTran [ http://planettran.com ] can help.

The company, which bills itself as the nation’s first all-hybrid
car service, just opened up shop along the San Francisco Bay, at
San Francisco International (SFO), Oakland International (OAK),
and Mineta San Jose International (SJC) airports to be precise.

[We’re] not your grandfather’s car service,” says R. Seth Riney,
PlanetTran founder. The Yale-trained systems engineer is
president and founder of the firm.

The company’s fleet of Toyota Prius and Lexus RX400h vehicles
boast not just fewer emissions, but more connectivity, offering
in-car Wi-Fi. That can be critical if you’re trying to pack
productivity into your trip, and don’t have time to stare out the
window at the wonders of northern California.

PlanetTran says its car service is “competitively priced” with
area taxicabs, and “up to 30 percent less expensive than other
scheduled limo service”.

© Cheapflights Ltd Jerry Chandler   February 7, 2007

===

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=212049
PlanetTran Launches First All-Hybrid Airport Car Service in San
Francisco Bay Area

New Company Offers Toyota Prius Fleet for San Francisco, Oakland
and San Jose Airport Travel

SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 02/07/2007 -- PlanetTran,
LLC, the nation's first all-hybrid car service, today launched
its West Coast operations, offering transfer between San
Francisco, Oakland and San Jose airports and other locales. The
company expands its business from Boston, where it operates a
fleet of hybrid vehicles to serve environmentally aware corporate
customers and individual consumers. Operating from its San Bruno
headquarters, PlanetTran offers Bay Area travelers an alternative
to travel via fuel-hungry, high-emissions vehicles in a fleet
delivering two-and-a-half times the fuel economy of traditional
black car sedans.

"PlanetTran is not your grandfather's car service," said R. Seth
Riney, founder and president of PlanetTran. "Offering an
eco-friendly alternative to gas-guzzling limos, we are a
next-generation business in an old-fashioned industry. With a
fleet based exclusively on one of the most technologically
advanced vehicles on the road -- the Toyota Prius -- we offer
online scheduling and in-car WiFi access for customer convenience
as well as real-time vehicle tracking for optimal operational
efficiency."

Knox McMullan, executive vice president of PlanetTran Western
Region, commented: "The Bay Area is at the forefront of the
American green movement. Serving residents and corporate entities
deeply committed to environmental responsibility and resource
conservation, PlanetTran provides an easy way to choose
eco-friendly."

"We are equally committed to customer service," added Mr.
McMullan. "Our customers can enjoy the level of professional
service that they have come to expect in a car service with the
added benefit of minimally impacting the environment. And because
our fleet is fuel-efficient, PlanetTran costs less than
traditional limo services for our customers."

What People Are Saying About PlanetTran
"Our mission to promote corporate responsibility by engaging
companies to adopt more progressive social and environmental
policies aligns nicely with the mission of PlanetTran, which
offers corporations an eco-friendly choice for scheduled car
service," commented Larry Fahn, executive director of As you SOW
and former president of The Sierra Club, who has used the service
on several trips to the Boston area.

"Next time you need to go to the airport or run around
parking-hostile San Francisco, PlanetTran will rescue you from
the gas-guzzling alternative," stated Zem Joaquin, Board Member,
Global Green USA, the American Affiliate of President Gorbachev's
Green Cross International, in her blog, EcoFabulous (January 8,
2007).

To Make a Reservation
PlanetTran provides real-time quotes on transportation between
destinations. To receive a real-time quote, visit:
[ http://planettran.com ].

PlanetTran is taking Bay-area reservations now. To make a
reservation, visit: [ http://reservations.planettran.com ].

About PlanetTran
PlanetTran, LLC is the first transportation company in the United
States to use hybrid vehicle technology in a public auto service
fleet. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, PlanetTran provides
reliable public automobile transportation services to corporate
and individual customers using the cleanest and most advanced
technology on the road today. This service is competitively
priced with taxis for the frequent traveler, and up to 30% less
expensive than other scheduled limo services. Founded by R. Seth
Riney, a Yale-trained systems engineer inspired to build an
operationally efficient, logistically challenging, and
environmentally responsible transportation company, PlanetTran
offers an all-hybrid fleet of Toyota Prius sedans and Lexus
RX400h SUVs.

In 2006, PlanetTran was recognized as "Small Business of the
Year" by the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce. The company also won
the city's Go Green Award, given to Cambridge companies that are
dedicated to environmentally responsible business practices.
PlanetTran has served thousands of customers -- including leaders
in biotech and technology, higher education and not-for-profit
institutions -- since its founding. The company has also been
lauded for its progressive employment policies. To book a trip or
for more information about PlanetTran's unique service, please
visit: [ http://planettran.com ].
[...]
PlanetTran, LLC
West Coast: