From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Lee Hart via EV
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:42 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Insuring EV conversions in Minnesota?

Morgan LaMoore via EV wrote:
> Which insurance companies have sold insurance for EV conversions in
> Minnesota? I know Lee Hart and some others have conversions in
Minnesota.

I'm still with State Farm, and they still insure my 1980 Renault LeCar
conversion. They have inspected it, and know it is heavily modified
(i.e. nothing at all is left of the original drive train).

Prior to that, they also insured my ComutaVan, which was about as far
from a normal vehicle as you can get. It looked like something someone
built in their garage!

In each case, they did inspect the vehicle to make a decision. I don't
know if it's a matter of finding a cooperative agent, or whether the
insurance company itself is the roadblock. My guess is that it's easy to

say "no", regardless of the facts of the matter. So you may have to shop

around, and "talk up" the agent a bit.

--
I view this year's failure as next year's opportunity. Failures are
not something to be avoided. You want them to happen as quickly as