I just looked at the total maintenance costs for my ICE vehicle (Honda Odyssey 2000) and it is just under $20,000. Grant it, I take it on long trips which I can't do with the Leaf but from a cost perspective, even if I need to replace the battery every 6-7 years in my Leaf (and it will likely be 10-12 years), I would come out probably about half that cost. There are just too many things to go wrong with ICE vehicles. So far I've spent $21 on the Leaf, for a tire repair.

And the $20K doesn't include fuel!

Peri