This all points to why packs of small cells (laptop cells is probably a
misnomer these days) that have conductors welded to them (as with Tesla)
are a better solution.

Has anyone tried assembling a pack like:
https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5943603287809906194&oid=100767276460953028406

This is the battery I bought for my Organic Transit ELF.

A friend of mine who designs a lot of automation for soldering, inductive
heating and welding said you might be able to do this with a 240VAC spot
welder. For example:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#spot-welders/=tckvx1

That battery could be welded up on a conveyor in really high volumes.  The
connection is stainless steel to stainless steel, no need for grease and
goo, no sanding, no loosening.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
>
>> Depends on your current. Typically I would say in the order of
>>> magnitude of 0.1 mOhm (milliOhm) because a 300A current will then
>>> give 30mV drop, which produces 300A x 0.03V = 9 Watt of power loss
>>> as heat.
>>>

> Martin WINLOW via EV wrote:
>
>> At EVERY connection?  In a 120V lithium pack that 's 38 x 9 =
>> nearly 350W of heat!
>>

> No; Cor has it right. And, 0.1 milliohms is a *good* connection. You will
> discover that it is damnably difficult to make a connection that good with
> aluminum terminals!
>

> --
> You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
> something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.
>         -- R. Buckminster Fuller
> --
> Lee Hart's EV projects are at http://www.sunrise-ev.com/LeesEVs.htm
> group/NEDRA)