I think your summary is a good intro.
But I want to express my experience (EVangelizing all EVs, even ebikes),
that in some circles there is an incorrect assumption, with statements that
form a negative stigma, that you will need to have the knowledge and answers
to address when they occur.  i.e: ebikes are for lard-butts / lazy-people,
etc.

Some may know that there are people with the desire to go Electric but just
do not need that much and or want to keep the co$t of sticking their toe
into an EV purchase low (which includes ebikes). Some can see the
justification of an ebike to help them (with an Electric assist design: you
have to pedal to get the assist). Of those, they could be workers that sit
all day, and do not regularly bicycle enough when compared to those that
make the negative comments.

Some people may have seen the hard-core/purist cyclists around. You know
those people that are super-serious about cycling, that wear the cycling
outfit, with cyclist shoes that snap into the cyclist' pedals, that eat
high-energy power-bars, and rehydrate from one of their many cool looking
cyclist water bottles, etc. Those (skinny as a rail looking) folk are not
who you are targeting to come join your cycling org, and who would if they
had an ebike to help them out.

ebikes do more than help with the pedaling to keep up on long tours. They
also help on the down steep hills with regen braking (something the
cyclist-Nazis have to use brakes all the way). Also, know in some parts of
the country, cities put overpasses in that makes it tough for the cycling
noob, where an ebike assist and a lower gear let them get up and also safely
down those overpasses.

Those people that but an ebike, should also know that they can use it more
and more to not only stay in shape, reduce the amount they drive their ice
($ave$).

I will assume people from all backgrounds are welcome, even older folk,
where they have the strength, but their joints painfully complain. The
assist with an ebike helps reduce that, thus lets them get regular exercise
and join in on the org's fun.

There is a Light Electric Vehicle Assn that is related to companies that
sell ebikes
https://www.facebook.com/LEVAssoc
http://www.levassociation.com/
They might point you to one of the many shows/EVents they have promoting
those ebike businesses.

Here a couple search links to explore for:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=electric+bicycles
ebikes ready to buy

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=electric+bicycle+kit
ebike kits to diy convert that cheap China made Huffy into a ebike

Lastly, I post ebike items at the end of my newswire posts. So, though the
title of the post does not seem to be ebike related, open it up and look at
the bottom for an ebike link to explore.
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=EVLN+%22electric+bike%22&days=0&i=24&sort=date

{brucedp.150m.com}

-