On 13 Sep 2014 at 17:03, Sam Shepherd via EV wrote:

> I did [check] the cell voltage of each cell with no real diferences.

If you didn't check the cell voltages under load, you need to do that.

One way is to run a small gauge voltage-test pair to each cell, fused, with
the other ends terminated on a non-shorting switch or terminal block where
an assistant can read voltages as you drive.

An easier way is to make a dummy load that can draw 75-150 amps from the
battery while the car is parked and shut down.  Folks have used coat hangers
in barrels of water for this.  I use heating elements from a derelict heat
pump.  There are probably many ways, some safer than others.

As others have pointed out, this can also be a loose connection.  Usually
it's easy to find the culprit after a drive, because the terminal or
connection will be hot.  Watch your hands and fingers.

Another possibility when on-load current suddenly increases is some fault in
the drive train or running gear that's increased the physical drag on the
car.  Normally coast-down will happen faster in this case.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator