On 16 Sep 2014 at 10:22, Michael Ross via EV wrote:

> You will need to turn off html and send plain text I guess.

If your email system sends 2-part MIME mail (html and plain text), the list
software will discard the html and display the text.  This USED to be the
norm for html mail.  However, it appears that some mail systems now are not
bothering with the plain text part.  If that's the case with yours, then
yes, you'll have to turn on plain text.  Sorry.

> I'm building up some headway packs.
>
> My understanding is they have aluminum end caps in the bare state, but
> when you get them with screw terminals the screw terminals are steel
> and sit on the aluminum.</div>

Ugh, that sounds like Headway are asking for internal corrosion.  :-(

> Might this make it better to wire them together with Aluminum plates
> rather than Copper plates?

Assuming you're using the Headway screw terminals, I can't see how that
would help.  You'd just be adding yet another junction between dissimilar
metals.

> Does solder dipping the plate help?

I think that if you're using nickel plated interconnects, tinning probably
wouldn't make much difference.  However, here I'm just guessing.  Others may
have more experience in this.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator